Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Attack of the Vultures! REvoltech 118 Mass Produced Evangelion 05! Hide your Unit 02s!

This week has been super busy because I have been forced to be social everyday. That all ends tonight, at least for a day or two.  Why is my life such pain ? I'm working on my third novel, but I haven't had time to get past the first 20 pages or so. I really need to not have friends or something, they're cramping my style yo!
                                                                                                                                                
Well I finally received my last Evangelion Revoltech, at least til 08+02 is released in a few weeks or so. It's the White Vulture of death! Despite the MP series not exactly being my favorite design, this figure is pretty sweet.

I must buy them all, I must buy them all!
     This figure is a combination of the two earlier releases of Unit 05, one with weapons, one with wings, combined into one package. It hasn't been changed in anyway, and will look somewhat dumpy among your awesomer rebuild figures. It's why I hung it above them, since it looks so cool in flight, and the stand doesn't fit in his rectum at all!
If only figma Asuka was here!
The red headed step-children of my collection.
   Still, onto the regular fare, how do I feel about this six year old figure repackaged a year and some months ago ?
    As you can see it comes with some cool accesories, such as the wings, both forms of the false Lance of Loginus, some battle damaged parts, and a few extra hands. At least it isn't like the later Evangelion releases where you get a pile of hands you'll never use. 
   The articulation is somewhat outdated, with the Biceps, wrists and neck being pegs instead of revolver joints.  It's not a big deal, just something worth pointing out. I do love the purple lance, I think it's specific to this release, the original just had the other form of it.
Hug me!
   Check that battle damage, it's very well done.The head is a bitch to get on, at least it was for me. The only thing I feel this release is lacking is a Unit 02 corpse, that would make it perfect! I know some of the earlier Kaiyodo 05s had it, who cares if it was out of scale ?
    Now the wings, they are perfect and fabulous!  They complete the vulture look, and give 05 an imposing look. I love it, and so should you! The wing connector is jointed, so you can flap them away all day. Awesome. I give this guy a solid 8/10! It's the best Unit 05 figure we may ever get, short of an appearance in Evangelion 4.0, buy him now!




No comments:

Post a Comment