Saturday, December 14, 2013

Triple Threat Evangelion Revoltech Review! Revoltech 011 Unit 00, 143 Unit-08a, and 138 Unit Mark 9!

I love amiami more each time I order from them! I received Revoltechs Unit 08 and Mark 09 from them today. They are <3. It makes me hate the Japanese sellers on Amazon even more, they rape charge me on shipping, and it's been over two weeks. Fuck amazon, and no, none of the packages were SAL shipped. I'm done with school til January, so I will be eagerly awaiting the mail each day. Fuck yes!
                                                                                                                                                      
  I received my old school Revoltech Unit 00 today! I saw it on Bigbadtoys used for $15. I liked the Blue for Unit 00, the Yellow, Not so much. So I picked it up to give in that gap in my collection, along with my aforementioned amiami order mean I got 3 Evas today. A Girl could rule the world with that kind of power . . .

  Revoltech really has evolved over the years, well, at least in box size and plastic usage! Up first is some old school Revoltech fun! Unit 00 Blue!

 It doesn't even come with a stand of peg holes in the feet for use of one! Weird, since even Revoltech Dante has one, and he's even older than this guy, wtf this isn't a Figuarts! That said it's not bad balance wise,  and can easily stand on it's own. It comes with a nice assortment of guns and hands, and even an N2 mine to renact your favorite scenes! The sculpt is accurate to the TV show, and pretty nicely colored.
   I have always loved this guy, so it's cool to have a toy of it. The problem is changing the hands on this fuckwit. The peg holes are beyond tight, and getting them in is an exercise in futility. Ughhh. Still one they're on they won't easily fall off. I'm surprised Unit 00 can stand with the large gun on it's arm, well played Kaiyodo. Well played.
I could have killed 'em all, I could've killed you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it! Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. L
I opened the packages of pieces and found a progressive knife too, what a lovely surprise! Included is the usual umbilical cord since Evangelion use to have those back in my day.
What did you say ? Depending on your answer I may have to kick your ass!
I do like this guy, and $15 is a pretty solid price, especially when new ones are listed at $60 on ebay. I asked Santa for The old school Unit 04 for Christmas, and I hope he's almost as nice as Unit 00! 7/10!

   I held off on this for awhile due to my distaste of Unit 00, but the scythe is pretty cool, and so is the skull base. So why not ? Plus I'm sure the price will sky rocket in the next year or so, and wanting one then would be trouble. The creep eye is cool, though mine rolled under the couch when I tried to take off the plastic surrounding it, so watch out for that. This Gal has more plastic sheets on it than any other Revoltech I've bought, probably to protect it from the cumstains of Rei's fanboys. It comes with a standard stand too, for people afraid of skulls.

  Included is a second neck, since Mark 9 spends most of the movie headless,  like a Dullahan (watch Durarara!!) All thanks to the tits of the series, Mari. Who then proceeds to do nothing of value the rest of the movie.  Aside from the scythe, this figure is pretty, but extremely basic. It has some extra hands and the spikey foot burst that's standard with Figma these days, but nothing else noteworthy. I didn't expect much anyway. I'll give it a 6/10. For Reitards and completists only.
   Still it serves as a nice comparison for Evangelions from the Televisions series, look at how much taller and lankier it is! They should form a basketball team after fourth impact and play against the Mass Produced series. I'd watch it anyway. It can be like "Kuroko's Basketball" but with Robots. It couldn't be worse than "Basquash!"

  I really wasn't expecting shit from Unit 08a. I really wasn't. It has a creep bug head and it's pink. But goddamn that shield and sniper rifle are amazing. I love them.  Still Unit 08a is just okay. The thing I never got about it was that if they could build a whole new unit, why couldn't they fix Unit 02 ? Seriously. Anwyay this Revoltech comes with more hands than it needs and option parts of Unit 02, though they fit on any Evangelion, or Revoltech for that matter. Dante is the exception, his arms use a different joint system. Holy crap that shield is huge!
Sorry for being so useless!
   Unit 08 fits nicely on the shield, like in the movie. It's hard for the stand to support all this, and the clear revoltech joint snapped. Luckily I had an extra and some other parts, but it makes the shield hang over the edge of the shelf or forces you to slant it forward. Now let's give this girl a gun! Yes. . .
We may fight hard when the camera's on . . .

But we're best Bros off screen!
    There's nothing more to say here other than get this if you like Evangelions or Revoltechs! Then join me in eagerly anticipating the release of Unit 08-02! It's a hideous beast! In any case, Unit 08a- 8/10! What a fun figure! I love the Gatling arm so much!
I'll show you the true meaning of Third impact bitches!









No comments:

Post a Comment