Tuesday, December 3, 2013

More Haruhi Figmas! What a pleasant suprise! SP 001 Chouyusha Haruhi and Figma 006 Mikuru Asahina !

It's time for me to stop buying so many freaking toys, and start writing novels. Which means this blog will most likely be updated about half of what I do now, since It will be more anime and movie based. Plus I need to write those novels I randomly remember I'm suppose to write. Still I will review toys often enough, my plastic crack addiction must be appeased! I'll probably write a blog on my new couch, because a couch blog sounds awesome. Here's what's on el Horizon for El Blog:
Figma: Asuka Shikigami, Mari Illustrious Makinami, Maid Tsuyura, Koizumi Itsuki, Witch Yuki Nagato, Ryoko Asakura, and Haruhi Kouyou Academy Version
Masterpiece Starscream 11 Coronation version
Dinozone/ Dinozaurs Dino Tyranno
KO Transformers Oversized Dark of the Moon Megatron, Human Alliance Bumblebee to Rusty McQueen ( yeah, crossovers are awesome!), and some weird TV transformer.
That's all that's coming out til Masterpiece Grimlock hits. Time to behave and not blow every cent I have on random crap. Maybe.
                                                                                                                                                         
    After rediscovering my love of Haruhi, it was inevitable that I would pick up the Figmas. They're pretty cheap on Japanese sites, but not so much on America. So I tried to buy Yuki, Koizumi, and Ryoko from Mandrake, and after three days, I was told they were out of stock.  However, i also ordered Chouyusha Haruhi and Mikuru from another branch, and an hour later they asked for my money, and the next day they shipped (Christ Nakano branch, get it together!). The figures themselves were dirt cheap- Haruhi was $10, and Mikuru was $15. The handling and fees were rape though, costing $35. The box could have easily contained 10 Figmas. Thanks guys! If your broken checkout system that gives me an order error message 90% of the time, to the point where i give up wasn't enough of a deterrent, this shipping definitely is. Amiami 4 lyfe!

   What pretty boxes they have! Haruhi originally came with a ps2 game, but as I can't read moon runes, I really don't care that it's gone. My ps2 is modded, so maybe someday I'll bang it out, as there will never be another Haruhi anime. Mikuru's box is the basic Figma box, nothing special there.

  Now this is a damn stylish Figma! Haruhi looks like some fantasy warrior straight out of a jrpg,which I'm guessing is what the game is about. I love the design, it is her school uniform made into a battle dress. The ribbons on the back are really stylish, appearing to flap in the wind. It reuses the original Haruhi figma's head, but with slightly darker hair.
   She comes with a saber, completing the warrior appearance. The hand that hold the saber broke when I was trying to change it. I love the weak wristed Figma design, don't you ? I couldn't dig out the peg, so I just glued it. I'm sure it will fall off at some point.
  The figure includes the standard extras, a tree of hands, a stand, and an extra face. In addition to the saber of course. The odd thing is, this figure has removable underwear. It doesn't have parts down  there (this isn't a Queen's blade Revoltech.) but it's still interesting.
Doing anything to make ends meet.
   I'll give SP 001 Haruhi a 7/10, it would be an 8, but fuck that wrist. Also Chouyusha means Braves, thanks Might Gaine! Now it's onto the the lamer Mikuru figma! LET'S MIGHTO GAAAAINNEEEEE!
  Blah blah genric school girl, blah blah extra shoes, and hands. The only noteworthy thing is her crybaby faces. I really hate Mikuru, she jsut seemed so pointless to me. She's supposed to be Kawaii, but I never saw it. She was too clumsy and dumb for me to like. Is she Kyon's sister ? I think so, or maybe Kyon's and Haruhi's child.  Too bad we will never know unless someone ghost writes the rest of the novels and forces Kadokawa at gunpoint to publish them.
Mikuru, prepare your anus!
Kyon-kun, Denwa?
Anyway Mikuru is a generic school girl, and she was barely worth the $15 I paid for her. I pity anyone who paid a decent amount for her. I'll giver her a fitting score- a generic 5/10.
Here's my SOS Brigade thus far:


   I'll totally pose them in the final dance position when I get all five!



No comments:

Post a Comment