Tuesday, December 24, 2013

An 11th Hour Christmas Miracle! Revoltech Evangelion Evolution Double Set Unit 04 Ex and Mark 6, and 136 Unit 13

    Well it's Christmas tomorrow, which means it's time to take the annual waifu picture for Christmas dinner. Top this kiddies!
    Some shine, cup Ramen and Ramune are all you need! Mergy Crabmas To all! Now it's time to take in the Pac-Man Christmas.
                                                                                                                                                    
   I received a package at 3 P.M., shortly after my gym kicked me out, when my workout was only half done. So I open the box, and knew exactly what I was getting! A Double Evangelion Revoltech surprise and D-Arts Terry Bogard. Merry Christmas to me!


    This is a really cool looking set, there no doubt there. You can track it down and feel less ripped off to get Unit 04 in your collection, at least that's why I bought it, despite having a Mark 6 already, though I did lose his spear.
   For someone so expensive, this guy is a bit underwhelming. I absolutely adore the silver and metallic red paint job though, it reminds me of Iron Man, always a good thing. As with many Evangelion Revoltech it comes with a bunch of hands you'll never use (usually repainted and slapped in another package). It comes with a gun:
A knife
And the most impressive thing is the Lance of Longinus:
  Watch the lance, mine cracked a bit while putting it together.  I tried to swap it with Unit 13's Spears, but that was cracked too, so be careful. This guy is really cool looking, but weak compared to the other Revoltech Evangelions from this era. The paint job is so fucking beautiful, though definitely not worth the price. It is a repaint of Bardiel/ Unit 03, without all the awesome accessories, and an opening mouth.
Their best impressions of grief.
If this set had been $100, I might have given him a better score, though it wasn't so I'll give Unit 04 a 6/10. Lose the price and I'll knock it up another point. Now lets get onto the next guy in the set, the somewhat more impressive Mark 06.
    The same hands as Unit 04 I believe, a different spear, and a cool glowing moon that beams through the eyes. It's pretty sweet actually.
   Not too shabby eh ? It spear is cool, and I love the design of this guy. I always though it was like a Kamina (Of Gurren Lagaan Fame),  check those shades and the blue! Now here's some shots of the lance!
   Mark 6 is a great design and cool looking, and easily attainable at a much cheaper price. I have the regular release too, and the only difference is the Spear is gray. I picked up the regular release during one of HLJ's many clearance sales for $15, though I'd pay $30 for guy. I'll give him a 7/10.
Now it's time for a bonus round, featuring another underwhelming Evangelion; Unit 13!
I picked this up during Summer, so the box is long gone. Enjoy this stock photo!
    The only real draw here is the four arms, and the double Lances. There's a few extra hands, the foot stomp effect, and an extra torso. There really isn't anything to say about him, he's generic and underwhelming. There's no awesome accessories unless you like torsos and lances more than anything.

   It certainly doesn't help that this guy reminds me of the extremely underwhelming Evangelion 3.0, and the pain of sitting through it multiple times. So let's give this guy what he deserves- a standard 5/10. I except miracle from Unit 08+02, or it shall receive the same score.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment