Saturday, December 7, 2013

Masterpiece Rodimus Prime Murican version!

Well i reviewed Masterpiece Starscream and Sideswipe (Lambor) recently, so why not form a trilogy by reviewing Hot Rod too ? The first time I attempted to Transformer him scared and angered me, and it's taking a year for me to give it a go. So did it end in tears and Rodimus thrown against the wall ? Maybe!
  Rodimus is really everything a Hot Rod/Rodimus/ Hot Rodimus/ Gnome Chomski/ whatever fan could want. Personally he's my favorite Transfomers character.I know everyone hates him, but whatever, he was cool and had personality. Plus he threw Galvatron out and eyeball, that has to count for something. I have been keeping his in Matrix opening pose for the past year, it's use such a great scene.
     Unfortunately, it's too big to fit in Rodimus' chest, so they included a smaller matirx. They really did think of everything! If you look cleosely at his face, you can see it's more lined than the first picture. Rodimus comes with two faces that can easily be switched. Include as well is . . .
    Coolimus, or Cool Rodimus. The visor comes down by spinning the circles on the side of his head. One more feature is one that I lost!
Give to the handicapped!
I'm pretty sure these were saw blades, but they have been lost to the ravages of time. Oh well! Time for weapons!
   Included is an update of his classic Generation one weapon, that has one special feature-
Rodimus says always raise children around firearms, or they'll be pussies.

It splits in two! Saw who's that child by his leg ?

  Why it's his Target Master Firebolt!, or Offshoot, crazu kids and their nicknames. Awesome! So now it's time for me to face my fears and attempt this guy into vehicle mode!

   I did it without crying, and it only too my 10 minutes! I'm so proud! I did take these pieces off to make it easier though.

The Ironic thing about ole Rodimus here is despite being labeled as Rodimus Prime, he has no trailer, so you're stuck with this sort of futuristic muscle car. The Japanese version comes with the trailer, and a much nicer paint job. The only thing i don't like is that it has black shins. This guy is $150 cheaper, so I suppose I can overlook a few things. But wait, there's more!
The passenger compartment opens up! Perfect for us fat Americans, now we don't have to be confined by car doors! There's one more fun feature awaiting ye.

I'll get my revenge for being cut off!
Rodimus' guns can by put in the engine compartment! I couldn't get his Target master to stay, but the rifle looks much cooler. In any case I'll give Masterpiece Rodimus Prime a 9/10. He didn't rape my wallet (well technically he was a gift) and he is the best Rodimus Prime we may ever get.

Well this is my 96th Blog! Go me! Which means I'll have to combine all my incoming Haruhi Figmas into one blog, all my Evagelion Revoltechs into a Single Blog, and maybe even more! Since I'm not getting my new couch til Friday, and that must be in it. Ah well! 100th Blogstravaganza! Woohoo!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment