Saturday, December 21, 2013

Revoltech 102 Evangelion Evolution 102 Production model Unit 02

   Well, as of writing this, I have received all my SAL shipped swag, aside from Rin. I suppose the post office is so busy they prefer to deal with the things the don't require tracking. Awesome. I caved and ordered Figma Phantasmoon, and Hatsune Miku Append because I wanted Miku, saw her cheap, and figured why no pick up a cheap bonus. I shipped them SAL of course, This time of year it's apparently the best option. Onto the usual fare anyway.


   Yep, its another Evangelion Revoltech, this time it's Unit 02! I wasn't content with just having Za Beasto, so I caved and picked up this red blaze.
   It comes with a ton of random ass hands, all are a complete pain to switch out, to the point where I worried about breaking the joint. It has the the jet pack shoulders and forearms, an angel core, two knives, and a weird spinning stand. . . thing.
Wake me up, before ya go Girl!
    It's horrible unbalanced, and it will only stay upright with Unit 02s hands tucked in, and on its side. You turn the crank to spin it, but is usually falls off. I guess they decided Unit 02s air drop scene was a pivotal point in the movie, it's such an odd stand. Luckily the usual Revoltech stand is included.
   You can poorly fit the angel core on the spiny stand, but it falls off it you look at it wrong. You can cram knives into the gashes in the core, just like in the movie!
    It's extremely hard to recreate the scene where Unit 02 kicks the core, so I opted to recreate a more realistic version where Unit 02 falls into it and whaps it with the butt of it's rifle. I feel it's much more realistic.  Unit 02 is extremely pose-able, as with all Revoltechs. The looks really faithfully recreates the Evangelions from the Rebuild movies.
STELLLLAAAA!!!!
   This variation on the scene involves the Gun arm that came with Unit 08, which is freaking awesome. I mean who didn't love army of Darkness, and think that scene would be better with a gatling arm ? I know I did.
Yeah, this is the best I could do to combine everything.



   I'm conflicted on what to give this guy, there's some definite ingenuity here, but it's kind of poorly executed. I mean the spinning this is cool, but it's kind of odd. Still the angel core, weapons, and Unit 02 are solid. I'll give it a 7/10. I expected better honestly, I think Unit 03 / Bardiel has spoiled me.




No comments:

Post a Comment