Saturday, December 14, 2013

I will never have enough Revotltechs! Revoltech 069 Evangelion 05 Rebuild Edition and Revoltech 111 Jehuty Anubis Appeared Edition

This is going to sit here til I feel like filming for the Blogstravaganza, but I wrote this on 12/11/13. What a date that is! It's so trippy! Anyway these two Revoltechs are pretty sweet. So let's get on with this!

 Yes, I picked up a new Figma Rin. Don't Judge me bro!I updated my old Figma Rin blog, so check it out why don't you ?First up is Evangelion 05 Rebuild version!

I was never a big fan of the design, it's extremely goofy and odd to say the least. Still I saw it on amiami for $11. Being a huge Evangelion fan, I would pay upwards of $15 for this guy! It's certainly grown on me, and stands out from the usual skinny track runner build of the other Evas. The stand works very well to help keep this gal balanced. It's still not particularly pose-able.

Ride em cowboy!

Still the originality of this guy counts for something. I'll give him a 7/10. Pretty solid. He looks glorious next to the rest of my Evangelions on my shelf. Now it's time for me to fix mistake I made a month ago. I chose the Jehuty model over the Revoltech. Lucky for me the fix was cheap! It was only $19 on amiami's used list! I love them so much! Their site isn't a poorly coded fuck that seems dead set against selling to non Japs.

   The first thing I noticed is that the color is very different than what is shown on the box. I thought someone had swapped it for the Original Jehuty,  but the parts shown under the armor are gold, not orange. So I guess that's just how it is. It's more blue than gray. Oh well, the sculpt is fabulous. Much better than the model kit I decried. Plus of the accessories!
  Wings, two swords, the standard extra hands, and two lumpy joints I have no idea what to do with. Im sure they do something, and I have no idea what that something is. Still let's slap some on this beauty and see how it looks!
   Damn, that is styling. It's everything I hoped the model kit would be, with better effect parts and coloring.  Now' here's the best part!

  The ring of destiny as I shall call it! It says enemy on the front and comes with ZOE's version of Fin Funnels. They are fucking awesome. They can be posed all around the ring, and manipulated to fend off incoming attacks.  One more feature is Jehuty can use the storage box like a hand scanning panel, like how it opened doors in the game.
  Well played Kotobukiya. Well played. This is another amazing Revoltech. Crappy name, awesome figures. I give this mutha a solid 9/10! Oh yes you must buy him! Don't forget one for all your friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment