Thursday, December 5, 2013

Wham! Bam! It's a Dino-Jam! With the Dinozaurs! Or Dinozone! Dino Tyranno Transformer figure!

I've been watching Little Busters! Why didn't anyone tell me Kagami Hiiragi was in the show? 
Rin is pretty Kawaii, so I needed swag.I found a Rin Mobip on Amazon for $25, score. I had never heard of mobips, so It'll be fun to review! Too bad there only is K-On figures and two Little Busters! Figures in the line. This is also my 92th blog! I'm so proud of me!
                                                                                                                                                 
    I'm sure maybe three other people remember Dinozaurs/ Dinozone. It was brought over during the big anime boom in 1999/2000, and quickly shoved around time slots all over Fox Kids. I enjoyed it for what it was, despite most of the series being banished to a 6a.m. time slot. Initially created as a Beast Wars ripoff toyline packaged with an Ova episode, a television series was quickly created. Both featured decent cgi dinosaurs robots, with everything else being drawn rather poorly. I watched it recently and it was horrible, I remembered having the Dino Brachio and Dino Tyranno as a child. They were both on clearance at K.B Toys, since the toyline hit way before the show. They broke like a week later and I returned them Still I saw a Japanese Dino Tyranno for $30 and it. I'd like a Dino Brachio, but I refuse to pay more than $30.

   I really do love the Japanese box, there's something nostalgic about them. The photographs and text always appeal to me, and I think its very 90s (well late 90s). It even comes with a VHS tape. You kids don't remember VHS do you ?

   What is inside the box is a very pregnant T-rex who is missing part of his neck! Hot. I do love the chromed silver for the fossils, and the candy red for the body, he looks delicious. Time to become a robot!

 A very simple transformation, just open the chest, push down the head, and pull out the arms. He's basically the same from the back, just standing more erect. The front is okay, though he does appear to be wearing high heels. His sword is hidden in his tail, which is pretty cool.
  Still this is a very plain figure, but it has a certain Nostalgic charm to it. I shall give Dino Tyranno a 6/10. For weirdos like myself only.Maybe I'll get Dino Brachio on the cheap someday.
Which is older, the Dinosaur of the VHS tape ?





2 comments: