Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Transformers KO review! Featuring Oversided Megatron DOTM, Lightning McQueen Bumblebee, and more! Rev up those chinese sites!

This is my 99th post, which means the 100th will obviously have to be the blogstravaganza. Which I don't want to do til my new couch comes on Friday. Expect the post then! This week is rough, I quit sugary shit last week (pop, candy sweet baked goods) and I feel extremely irratble and tired this second week. I'm almost done with Finals, or One More Final : I need you. I really don't have the energy to do anything other than loaf around the house. I can't wait til tomorrow is over.
                                                                                                                                                         
    Well a few weeks back I found sirtoys.com  on my travels through the internet, and discovered the veritable treasure trove of Knock off laying in wait! I picked up a few I thought were really interesting, and after having to remind the guy I ordered from his site, they finally came today! First up is the most impressive of the lot; Megatron DOTM oversized. Their wording, not mine
I love Taiko Ngzhans!


   You can probably guess without any sort of scale this fucker is huge. He's close to 18inches I guess, I'm not finding a ruler, so my guesstimate is what you get. The details are very nice, especially when you consider this is essentially a blown up version of the Voyager class figure, at least as far as I can tell. Now let's see this bunkie transformed!


   He's quite impressive actually. The joints aren't especially loose (this is a bootleg) and can support his massive height. The hips are a bit wide (maybe to help support him better ?) and the head is a bit odd, but other than that it's solid. It even incorporates something not in the original voyager version: Lights and sound!
You have to finger his anus to make him talk.
The eyes light up and he has the most random sounds attached to him. There's clanging swords, laser fire, a ringing phone,  to my personal favorite "lets go rangers!"This guy is hilarious! He does look better with his cloak on though.
I'd like to see Prime stop me now!
Awww yeah! The weirdest part about this is that is comes with an even more oversized weapon. It's an even more scaled up version of the one on his wrist in pic above, freakishly huge, and utterly useless. It's mechtech too, which makes it even stranger.
It's bigger than my hand, wtf.
Anyway this guy is awesome and you need him in your life. 9/10. There's an oversized Optimus too in case you feel the need to complete the set. I already have three Movie Optimuses, so I'm set.
I'm going to use this jet-pack to FLY THE FUCK AWAY!
My next acquisition is the legendary Bumblebee McQueen. An oversized Bumblebee knock off with a Lightning McQueen Paintjob. Sounds legit right ? Those Chinamen are clearly brilliant.

   It looks like your typical Cars toy you'd get the annoying child in your life right ? WRONG! This McQueen has much more style. It's a pretty bland looking car, and the plastic feels like a cheap beach toy. Still this is bought for novelty alone, and should be judge simply on that.

I've fallen and I see no reason to get up ever again.
He looks okay in robot mode, and I was surprised to discover the poorly painted guy inside. Luckily the seats inside became forearm guards, so his mutated little buddy gets a nice show.  He's about 10 inches tall in robot mode, and based off the Dark of The Moon version I believe. The balance is horrible, and the  paint job is pretty bad, especially on the face. Still he's weird as fuck, so I'll give him a passable 6. The arm joints are loose, so expect them to fall off.
Labeled as TransformGuns, this version is an AK-47. It reminded me of the original Megatron, except more hideous and cheap. I needed it! Now let's see this lump's robot mode!

   He is hilariously bad. If you look closely in the first pic, you can see the beginning of a face. He's just so odd, I love him. The unsymmetrical arms, and straight brick legs, this guy is great. As a joke that is- 6/10! Onto the final piece of my order!

There's apparently a whole line of these guys called Appliance Heroes. I picked up the TV, because like everyone else I fucking love it. That and it had the coolest robot mode. I loved his creep happy face too.

I actually prefer the back of the robot mode, the TV screen would make a cool chest. Still it wouldn't be able to Transform to it's cute little television self. I do like the antenna on his head, it's a nice touch. Appliance Hero TV- 6/10!

Included in my order were some random extras.
Two bootleg Cars toys, a mini toy dart board, missiles and hands that don't go with anything, and a mini DOTM Megatron that splits into two robots! How delightful! Rusty McQueen Transforms too, so he's a mini of the Bumblebee McQueen.
  Still, these guys are bonuses, so I can't complain. Extras are always nice. Thanks Guy!










No comments:

Post a Comment