Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Transformers Masterpiece 11 Starscream Coronation Version! ! Who Dares interupt his Transformation ?

   I've had my eye on this bad mother for quite sometime, but the $300 price tag always kept me away. When I heard about an Asian rerelease, I knew this was the best chance I would get, and pre-ordered him ASAP! He's still up for pre-order here: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11770&mode=retail . I was lucky, and received mine from the first batch! Now it's time to open up this FABULOUS Transformer!
Obligatory.
  Well now that that's out of the way, Onto Starscream!


  The cape and crown are clearly the selling point here, look at how beautiful they look! Starscream was an earlier release in the Masterpiece line, but supposedly this one is reworked and improved. Who cares though, it comes with his Movie outfit before his death! Now where's my Galvatron to go with him ?


   I put up a light fixture above my photography shelf, so I'm still fucking with the settings, which is why some of these are super blue. That or they're from the future, since blue tint=future tense! Starscream is awesome, and this is the best version of him currently on the market. Still, he is way overpriced. He would be totally worth it at $100, but $200 ? I doubt he will ever get a release over here in Murika, since they repainted the mold and released it as Acid Storm. Whatever, he's still pretty cool. Time for his coronation!




  Awesome, just awesome. I love his cape, crown and shoulder pads so much! It takes me back to my youth watching the Transformers animated movie on VHS. Takara really did a beautiful job on him, especially his cape. It even has plastic folds!  Now it's alt mode time!


  A perfect representation of an F-22 Raptor! I love it! He comes with a holographic pilot, and look at all the opening parts! He has landing gear as well, but it's hard to photograph well. Or I'm just too lazy to try. I really do love this guy, he's my favorite Masterpiece Transformers. Much more imposing than Sideswipe, and with a more sleek robot mode than Rodimus. Here's the kids playing together:

  I'm conflicted on the score for this guy, taking the price into consideration, I have to give him a 7/10. He's really awesome, but he's $100 worth of awesome. Still if you have plenty of Autism bucks lying about, or are rich go for it. Or you're planning on declaring bankruptcy and need to fill up your credit cards.

My next blog will totally be about Fate/Stay Night! Enjoy the Sakurafish til then! Time to plug through Heaven's Feel! Only six days left!




No comments:

Post a Comment