Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I'm going Digital! D-arts Wagreymon original Designer's Edition and D-arts Metalgarurumon!

Hey looks like I'm coming up on my 100ths Blog! This obviously means I'll have to write a 100th Blogstravaganza! It may just be more pictures of my neckbeard museum, and rambling about something I did last week. Something like that anyway.
                                                                                                                                          
   I recieved D-arts Wargreymon Original Designer's edition in the mail today! So you known what that means! Yep, another blog! This is a slight recolor of the D-arts Wargreymon from a few years back, with more shading and a chance for people to pick him up at a non rape price! He was a web exclusive, so don't wait too long! eBay is the only place I can currently find him, but I preordered months ago at Biginjap.com (he's long gone.)
Super alloy boxes to protect your Ban Dai purchases.


   The box is pretty slick, with it's illustrated art on the front (probably lifted from a trading card) and slam dunk pose on the back. Now let's crack him open!

   Oh so sexy! The sculpt is perfect, and the coloring is amazing. I really do love Wargreymon, he's easily my favorite Digimon (MagnaAngemon is my second, D-Arts fucking when ?) so there was no way that I wouldn't love him. The paint is truly beautiful, and I love his shiny claws. The armor is a bit lose, especially the claws. Still, I believe it works, like the armor is flexible enough to pose and fight under.
Show me what you've got!
  The claws are removable, though they are annoying to get on and off. You have to wiggle around the middle strap in them to take off the hands and replace him, and it's a tight fit. I'm sure everyone will keep them on anyway.

EVERYONE GIVE ME YOUR ENERGY!!
     Wargreymon comes with a single effect part- his Terra Force energy ball. It looks like a basketball coated in flames, so pretty accurate. His buddy MetalGarurumon has much better effect parts. Still this is the quintessential Wargreymon figure, much better than the original D-arts, the d-real, and the transforming one.
The ravages time may kill our bodies, but our toys become prettier.
  It's a pretty basic figure, but nostalgia and it being my favorite Digimon leaves me no choice- I give him an 8/10! Buy him before you must take out a second mortgage on your cardboard box to do so!
It's time for the extremely long delayed MetalGarurumon! Yay!


   D-arts MetalGarurumon was stuck in development hell for a few years, before finally getting a release as an online exclusive. There was never a D-Real for this guy, so I jumped on the preorder the moment it was up. I had to have him. This guy gave me hope for Figma Archer and Figuarts Master Asia. Archer is supposedly coming out next year (most likely due to the new Fate/Stay Night adaption, probably Heaven's Feel) However I have little hope for Master Asia, and the girls of G-Gundam; Allenby and Rain. PLEASE BANDAI TAKE MY MONEY!!!
 
 Metalgarurumon comes with quite a few effect parts, including effect blades for his back swords, a howling blaster effect for his mouth, a missile effect for his chest, and a special adapter to fit him on a Tamashii stand. They really did a good job with him, I'm particularly impressed.



  The effect parts are extremely cool, and this guy has amazing balance, he can stand on his hind legs to fire off his chest missile! I love battle effects on my toys, they look so cool!Especially when done by Ban Dai, they truly are the masters!
  The two Digimon D-arts looks amazing together, though MetalGarurumon is the better figure. Easily. I'm giving him a 9/10! Awesome! Even Vegeta, prince of the Saiyans (all 2 of them) chose him as a mount!


No comments:

Post a Comment