Sunday, December 29, 2013

Time to hop on the Dokes Bandwagon! Figma 110 Puella Magi Madoka Magica Madoka Kaname and Figma 165 Ultimate Madoka Kaname

  I watched the TV series of Madoka Magica about a year ago, and was underwhelmed. I saw it as Evangelion times Sailor Moon on acid. I went to the local hipster theater,  and saw a poster for the third movie, and combined with threads for it all over the internet, I felt it was time to watch the trilogy. Today I finished the third movie, which I felt was unnecessary, and was not pleased. I did think the first two were solid 7s though,. Being the consumer whore I am, it was time to pick up the Figmas. I decided Ultimate Madoka was awesome, and the original was worht picking up. Today the regular version arrived.

    Yes, this figures is super kawaii and adorable, plus I bought it used for $35.The ebay prices are currently a few shades shy of outright rape, so when I find a figure I'm vaguely interested in,  I impulse buy it. Yeah, it's my new years resolution to fix that. Plus I don't have a job, so I should probably stick to a budget. Yeah, anyway the box is super moe, kawaii,and girly, which means the men of Japan and weaboos of America have bought them all up, making them rare. 
  Dokes here comes with a bow, a stick, multiple FABULOUS pink arrows, the usual hands,  and Kyubey, the evil incubator. One thing to note it the details on the dress are amazing, Max Factory really did a hell of a job. I am impressed.

  He light weight makes her really pose able on the stand, so she can re enact your favorite Matrix scenes.I'm sure her petite size helps with that.
How Kawaii!!

Doke's reaction the the third movie
Bad kitty, my cheesy poofs!

I'll show you Evangelion Rip off!

She learned archery from Shirou!
  Despite being a somewhat simple figure, it's very well done. I think it's a fun, colorful figure, and I do not regret buying it at all. It's better than most of the figure's I've been getting lately. Figma Madoka Magica 7/10! Now it's time for the upgrade, the fabulous Ultimate Version of Dokes!

  With a box this large anf fabulous, you know that there's gotta be something awesome insides. It's much bigger than the standard Madoka, with metallic symbols on the front, this figure is going to be awesome!

I always wanted and Angewomon figma! I'm kidding, of course. What we have here is Madoka in here final form, and it's simple epic.  Her dress is huge and jointed, and comes with wings, flowing hair, and her bow and arrows, along with the standard Figma hand tree. 
    The sculpt and coloring on this really is amazing, from the sheer size of the dress, to how awesome it looks as a whole. Madoka's hair appears to be flowing in the winds, and the inside of her dress looks like it could contain the universe. It's totally a rip-off of the Heaven's Feel though right ? The only real issue is the figma stand cannot hold her up, I ended just pushing it down all the way to act as a counter balance.
  She really does look simply smashing, especially when posing with her bow. They did the best they could articulating her, without compromising the look. If you want something more accurate and less pose able, get the statue. It does cost twice as much. Ultimate Figma Madoka Magica- 9/10!

Just like mother and daughter! I'm winding down on my figure hoarding, expect less blogs after that, though hopefully the ones I do churn out will be more comprehensive. Here's what's left:
Figma Asuka
Figma Phatasmoon
Figma Miku Append
Figma Miku 2.0
Brave Gokin   29 - Martian Successor Nadesico: Aestivalis Ground Type & Aerial Battle Frame
Revoltech Evangelion Mass Production Unit 05
MG Heavyarms
MG Deathscycthe Hell
Dragon Quest Legendary Sky Armor Equipment
Though that later three are waiting til they're all in my private warehouse on HlJ. Only the sky Armor has a vague backorder 4-6 weeks status.


No comments:

Post a Comment