Sunday, January 5, 2014

CM's Martian Successor Nadesico Aestivalis Ground & Aerial Battle Brave Gokin29, The metal midgets.

   Well I wandered out of the basement when I heard the mail come, and boy was I surprised! It was My Nadesico figures! From a line I had never owned a figure from! Awesome! So how do I feel about them ? Read on!

   Man, they sure look awesome on that box! Look at all the detail, and those cool action poses! The box is heavier than one would expect too. These guys are going to be super cool!

 Well, they are much tinier than I expected, but still cool. They're heavy, which is kind of nice I guess, they feel like they're mostly metal. The details are well done, but the arms sag under their own weight. They come with four knives, two guns, and six extra hands.

  Attatching the cockpit and head was a pain, the joints are a mess, they can barely support the weight of the limbs, and the joints are fragile plastic, instead of metal for whatever reason. The joints are loose, and feel like they're going to fall apart. While inserting the Aerial Frame's wings, I felt the peg holes would break, you jam a thin rod into the hole, and hope neither breaks. The legs feel very loose too.
  You can switch the cockpit heads just like in the show, though attaching the Ariel frame's wing was still awkward. The peg hole is poorly assembled. At least these are cheaper thanBan Dai's Black Sarean unit which is what I really wanted, though dropping $250 is the definition of insanity. Why could't they just introduce the Aestivalises into the Robots Spirits  line ? That would be too cool. Does Kotobukiya still have the license too ? I'd love a Revoltech.
  Here's a comparison to the old ban Dai kits, they make these guys look even smaller. I like them, but they aren't what I expected. At $100, these guys should be at least the size of Ban Dai's 1/48th kits, and have strong joints. I'll give them a 6/10, as they are probably the best I will ever get.






No comments:

Post a Comment