Saturday, January 18, 2014

My billionth Figma blog! Yes, this time with no School girls! Figma 100 Hatsune Miku Append version and Figma 130 Phantasmoon.

Since it's vaguely related to this blog through Type Moon characters, I played through Fate Extra over the past few days. It was pretty fun, especially since I was running it on an emulator and could speed up battle and dungeon crawling. I picked Archer as my servant of course. The game reminded me of Persona 3, in a good way. Guess it's time to get back my PS2 and start making my way through it. I'll play No more Heroes and Dragon Quest Swords in the meantime. I usually go through a game spurt every 6 months or so, depending on shit. This burst includes: Persona 3 and 4, Kingdom Hearts 2, Suikoden 1-3, and maybe more. I really don't get much enjoyment out of games anymore, it feels like I'm wasting my time. So I try and keep them to a minimum.
                                                                                                                                        
I swear to Raptor Jesus, that Amiami's used section is the best and worst thing to ever happen to me. I get figures so cheap, that I feel compelled to buy more and more. My current order is this:
Sorry, no hilarious tabs.
Yeah I'm a horrible person, but look at those deals! The cast of Lucky Star minus Kagami for under $60 ? Vash the Stampede Revoltech for $40 ? A Haruhi statue that changes color in the cold for $15? And an awesome CC in her gogo outfit for $ 30 ? I can't resist! Which explains these two figures anyway.


  These guys were $20 each on Amiami, a steal I dare say. The boxes seemed like they weren't even opened. Especially with all the plastic sheets on Miku, some maybe they were new. Or maybe I'm just being hopeful that no one came on them. Oh vay.

This is yet another Hatsune Miku figure, but it's some sort of futuristic version, which I think looks freaking sweet. She's barefoot too, which I've heard refereed to on other sites as charming, whatever. The acessories are some optional clothing parts, biceps, and hip covers. Aside from the usual hands and extra faces. She looks much better in them then the default.

The twin tails are awesome, they can stand up on their own, and use a slick translucent plastic. When they're up and with the closed eye face, it's like he's hacking the interwebs! At least, that's how they do it in my Chinese cartoons. She had some sort of tail clip too, though I'm not sure what it is, maybe a plug ?


   She does some sweet as Kung Fu moves, which look even more in motion thanks to her twin tails. Her alternate torso wouldn't fit right, you can still see the seams, which kind of sucks, The middle of it lifts up revealing her belly button, like some sort of onion, a layer being peeled back. It looks like a tie. Now what to giver cyber hacker bondage queen extraordinaire ? How about 7/10. Nice effort, but include a light cycle next time.
  Confession time! I haven't seen Carnival Phantasm. I love Fate/Stay Night, and Tsukihime was a pretty solid Visual novel and manga ( if only they made an anime . . .) so I don't know why I haven't watched it yet. It's on my phone, and it's only 12 episodes. Maybe soon I shall cave and check it out. Anyway I liked Arcrueid enough to know her when I see her. I'd take it she can become some sort of magical girl in Carnival, and they made a Figma. The accessories are cool, with two bats (cuz she's a vampire!) a play of curry, a magical wand, and a star effect for the wand.
She is the one . . . Phantasmoon!

 Arcy here is basically an adult Mahou Shoujo, or magical girl. I don't know the word for woman yet, sorry.  It's a standard outfit, and a standard wand. Still, fans of Tsukihime don't have much figure wise to go on, so they'll love this, myself included.
This curry, it's all ready RED!

Rape time bats!
  This Figma is slightly above average. The bats and wand are cool, but nothing special. Still I only paid $20, so I really can't complain. I really wanted Miku append, and she was a tag a long to her. So let's be generous and giver her a 6/10.  Now I know how to printscreen, so here's what's coming in the future!


There's also a ton of Pokemon Figures, but those will prolly just get a group shot, no review.






No comments:

Post a Comment