Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Marvel Legends Infinite Series Amazing Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man, and Marvel Legends Scarlet Spider!

I love Spider-man. Whne I saw the preorders for these Amazing Spider-Man 2 figures, I did not hesitate to grab classic Spidey, and Superior Spidey.I have a ton of Marvel universe Spider-Men (every variation cough cough) but I' wanted a bugger, more fun figure of him. instead I bought three! I hated the Amazing Spider-Man movie, but I think the second one will be okay. Plus they gave him the classic outfit, so that's all the more reason to love it. It's a shame though that we won't get more Spock Adventures due to it coming out, since Peter Parker must be the lead, or new comic fans will be confused. I bought the Superior Spider-Man in his honor, so I will never forget.
  The packages reflect the quality within! Spidey and Superior Spidey have thick, solid, and tight packages and make use of the space withing. Scartlet Spidey is in a space wasting pose, and comes with nothing. That pretty much sums up these figures.

Classic Spidey comes with an extra set of hands, and a build a figure part for Green Goblin. Superior Spidey has the same, while Scarlet Spider has nothing, despite having the biggest box. Yeah, wtf. Poor Scarlet Spider has the worst figure too. He looks like he's wearing a diaper while the other two have tightly sculpted butts, and has a very flatly painted costume, he lacks the muscle definition of the other two as well.. Classic Spidey has awesome gritty detail, with all the webs etched into his figure, and beautifully painted. Superior Spidey has more of a clean look, but with great muscle definition, and a nice flat black color.

 The real question is, how poseable is this figure ? Is it decently poseable and can it pull off some sick poses? It can't do those early 90s Todd McFarlane poses, but it's pretty good. I'm impressed by the shoulders, all three figures use this complex shoulder system that can contract and swivel, it's really cool. They even have ankle rockers and solid hip movement. Yes, even Kaine. So the verdict ?
Regular Spider-Man- 9/10!
Superior Spider-Man- 8/10
Scarlet Spider- 6/10

All three are on Bigbadtoystore currently. Scarlet Spider is on clearance, as he's barely worth $8, I can't imagine anyone paid full price for him. The other two are $15 each, I saw Superior Spider-man at target the other day for $20, so I'd recommended getting these guys there. Sadly, no other figures are sold individually, I'd like a Black Cat figure. Maybe someday!



No comments:

Post a Comment