Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wah wah wah I'm writing a blog complaining and no one can stop me.

Occasionally I don't buy enough toys to fill out the ranks of this blog, and I haven't played a game good enough for a blog, and the same goes for a good anime. So what happens then ? You get me rambling about a bunch of minor things! YAY!

Anime:
I marathon ed episodes 1-18 of Kill La Kill, and fell in love with it. It's interesting to note that the same thing that happened with Gurren Lagann happened with Kill La Kill. I tried it early on, and dropped it. Then later, I thought it looked like some shit was going down based on screen shots I viewed online, and knew it was time to give it another try. I could not put it down! It was amazing! The story of Kill La Kill involves super powered school uniforms and battle revolving around them. Enter Ryuuko Matoi (My new waifu!) a girl who strives to find out who killed her father, and find the other half of the giant pair of scissors that he was killed with. It's an extremely fanservicey anime ( like that's a bad thing . . .) and is so much fun to watch.  I proudly say I watch Kill la Kill for the plot, lying through my teeth.
Samaurai Flamenco has been on a downhill slide since Guillotine Gorilla showed up and turned the series from a real life drama about a man trying to make a difference, to a straight  Super sentai series. Now we've had multiple teams of heroes, a twin brother evil Flamenco guy, the prime minister of Japan trying to turn the world against the heroes because he has a suit of power based on his apporval rating to finally Alien Flamenco. Yes, I'm serious. This serious is awful and stupid, and not in a Code Geass R2 way.
Nothing really surprises the cast anymore.

At least there's only a few more episodes left to suffer through. In other anime news, DragonBall Kai adapts the Buu saga, and it airs in April. Between that and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders getting a new anime adaption, I believe it's safe to say anime is saved. Well, at least until the new Fate Stay Night anime comes and either is the greatest thing ever, or people hate it and burn their Fate merchandise in a  rage. Free!! is getting a second season too, and I'm very happy about that. I really enjoyed the first season, hopefully it runs for 26 episodes like K-On's second season did.

Valentine's Day.
   To celebrate Singles Awareness Day, I took my obligatory Waifu pic! Here it is!
Hamburger = Haruhi GET IT??????????
I did have an actual date though. My brother set us up, and even gave me $20 to take her somewhere nice.She was over me, licking my face and shit. Then I ended up sleeping over, and she took up the whole bed, forcing me against the wall. To top it off, some might say look wise she was a real dog! He's a picture of her:
   That's the joke, she IS a dog. I ended up seeing Robocop afterwards. My brother paid, and it was much better than I expected. It was lacking the satire and dark humor of the original, but it was a solid action movie. They did change quite a bit though, and the plot became generic. Still, It's a 7/10 action movie, they could have done so much worse honestly. Read the subtitles during the news report, some of them are pretty interesting.
VIDYA GAEMS!!!
   I'm too tired and burned out from school, a social life (I know, right?), and it having felt like this winter has lasted 16 months, give or take a few days to do anything constructive in my free time, so I play video games. I think they're a waste of time, but since life is meaningless, it don't matter. I tried playing No More Heroes 2 :Desperate Struggle on Friday, and gave up an hour in. It was awful! You fight generic bad guys, there's barely any story, but you don't even have to walk around Santa Destroy to get anywhere, just select it from the list. The only improvement is you don't have to earn a fuck ton of money to fight in ranking battle, you just go to them one after the other. The downside is this makes the game rather monotonous. You fight a ton of lame bosses, and then the blond chick from the original is a bitch to you, prompting Travis to fight to win a place in her pants. Which was sort of the plot of the first, but it never  happened.  I really loved the first one, it was so much fun! This one is just a turd. At least I only spent $10 on it.
   I beat Dragon Quest VIII a few days ago, and was bored with it by the end. I love the environment, but the lack of any real story other than the usual "some demon lord is bad, go kill him cause we're too lazy" made it a chore to finish. I think I'm too old, or young, or something for the series now. It was so boring, I had to force myself though it. I popped in Kingdom Hearts 2 with a fuckton of codes and pic above happened, my Struggle bat turned into Mulan! Which would have been a plus, but I could not hit anything with it. So I had to restart the whole game. At least the fact that the game is 80% cutscenes worked in my favor, it only took me 10 minutes to get back to where I was. I beat the part with Roxas, but the game would not stop crashing when I played as Sora. I tried different ISOs, upgraded my emulator, nothing changed. The game would not let me continue, so I said Fuck you! And moved on Suikoden 3.



  The best part of this game is the opening cutscene. The music is great, the animation is beautiful, and the game has neither. I love it, don't get me wrong, but the music is pretty meh, and there is no cutscenes. You stand around talking, and reading those dialogue boxes. There is no voice acting, which is what I felt always kept this game from greatness. Suikoden IV and V had it, but IV sucked and V was bogged down with awful load times.  I love the varied character designs of III though, and the story is great so far (I beat Chris and Hugo's chapters, but I'm still plugging through Geddoe's.) but it really could have benefited from some voice acting.
   I've felt my life has been to carefree as of late, so I decided this summer I shall have to suffer for my crime of Hubris. Yes, I shall force myself through Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns. I know they're awful, but i do this for the greater good. I'm mooching a PS Tripple off my brother to play them. I paid for half the fucker for a year and a half, but only used it for FF 13 and DMC 4. So I believe he shall cave, especially since he's had my Nintendo 2DS since November. I remember having such high hopes for Final Fantasy XIII, and every minute I played it, they died a little bit more. My hoped were dashed near then end where you're dumped in the middle of a huge field, and everything and it's mother was stronger than me. I grinded for 9 hours striaght to beat the game. I remember watching 12 Kingdoms on my laptop to ease the pain. This was the game that made me lose all faith in the series, especially after the awfulness that was 12. I could never make it past two hours, I hated that game so much.

 Speaking of Final Fantasy, apparently Squenix wants to develop Final Fantasies on the PC! Hopefully this means XV and Kingdom Hearts III will be on the PC, that would be the best thing ever, at least since they announced Buu Saga Kai last week.Now today's life lesson- Pushing a car out of your front lawn in the best full body work out ever. Though dear God is it frustrating. Fuck Ohio in the anus. Worst state in the Union, seriously.








No comments:

Post a Comment