Sunday, February 9, 2014

Taito Yu Narukami in Mayonaka Arena Action Figure! He's a big guy . . . FOR YU!!!

After playing it like it was my goddamn job for 4 day straight, I beat Persona 4! Mostly thanks to a snow day on Wednesday, thank you based mother nature! It shouldn't be any sort of suprise that I picked up a Yu figure during my addiction. I was leaning towards the figuarts Zero, but then I found this one for a third of the price. My decision was an easy one, even more so when I noticed the seller on Amazon was in America!

Looking kid of cool there Yosuke.
   The photo on the box and the shots online do not do this guy justice. I was hesitant to buy him til someone in the reviews on Amazon said photos do not do this guy any favors, and that he's prettier in person. I took a chance, and he was! Hooray! Yosuke looks pretty derpy on the box, mostly his hair though.



   This is a great figure! The detail is solid, as is the paint job. His sword is removable, so you have have him hold it a whopping four weighs. I reall like the pose, especially his clothes being sculpted as is he were mid swing. Nice touch! The only issue I have is the p=base, it's an obnoxious yellow, maybe if it had stripes or something I'd like if more, but alas it does not.  Still I could always paint it if i gave enough of a fuck.
    I have the Yukiko from this line coming in the mail this week, so expect that up here eventually. So what would I give Yu-kun, or sempai here ? A solid 7/10. The Figuarts Zero is probably the best representation of him, but also the priciest. If you want something in a more affordable range, you can't go wrong. He was $30 with shipping on amazon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment