Thursday, February 20, 2014

Figma 091 Rei Ayanami! Everyone's favorite stoic girl, unless you're a queer.

I've been on the hunt for a decent priced Rei Figma since I picked up Asuka and Mari a few months back, and last week I found her for $40. The shipping and handling charge by Jungle is borderline rape, but I went ahead and bought her anyway, because I consider it a personal victory. It probably would have been cheaper to just buy her off ebay for $60, but something just can't be helped.

   What a box! I say no sarcastically. I love the bigger Figma boxes, they always pack more fun inside. The fun in this is the pilot's seat, which is same as Asuka's and Mari's but its a slightly different shade of gray. Time to get cracking on unpacking.

   The figure is essentially the same as Asuka and Mari, but with Shinji's cassete player, rather than a doll,  or different hair. Kind of lame in comparison, but I feel Rei has the coolest looking plugsuit. The whit with black accents is extremely beautiful, too bad Rei is the worst girl. Japan loves her, since they have a thing for submissive girls.
People die if they're killed. . .

   The peg on the second Figma stand broke while I attempted to assemble the whole thing, but the single stand is strong enough to hold everything up at an angle. Rei looks as good as her fellow pilots in the seat, though there is only one question that must be asked, Kaworu Figma when ? I'd like a Cardcaptor Sakura one too, fuck Nendoroids. Speaking of Cardcaptors, I found out all 70 episodes were dubbed, I thought only the hacked up version received a dub. I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

   In any case, this figure needs a score. She's the weakest out of the three Evangelion Figmas in my opinion, but that is just personal preference. I give her a 7/10, a point lower than the other two girls. Now here's an awful shot of all three figure and Vash the Stampede.
I need a display case, hell four of them. Check em.



No comments:

Post a Comment