Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Revoltech 091! Vash the Stampede, The Humanoid Typhoon himself.

I bought a Vash the Stampede figure from the old McFarlane line before I had ever seen the anime, his design was just so sick. I did later watch the anime and enjoyed it. Then came a manga, which was a mess to say the least, from the art work to the plot structure. Still, regardless of what happened between me and the series, I knew someday I would see this figure for a reasonable price and get him. That day was a few weeks ago, and now here he is!

Vash is such a cool design, I believe he still holds up today. The red duster is extremely cool, and a gunslinger in old west fashion never goes out of style. Well that's what I feel anyway. I believe this was released to promote that horrible Trigun Badlands Rumble film. There's a Wolfwood too, but why get the second best?
Well well, what a nice looking figure! He comes with a stand, a few extra hands (including the gun hand, a gun,two effect parts, two faces and a beat up brick wall. The best part of all this is Vash himself. The sculpt looks amazing, rare for a human revoltech. Well plant, whatever he is.



I love the blast effect for the gun, it looks like a mini sun. The gun is well detailed, same with the gun arm. I think Vash works as a Revoltech well due to his robotic looking pants and arm. The ends of the duster are segmented too, though they do fall off easily. They look simply amazing in person.

I adore the wall with this guy, he looks so stoic and bad ass posed on top of it. Like an eagle looking for his prey. It's kind of difficult to pose on top, but once you get it, it's worth all the effort. Fan out the ends of his duster, and you can almost see the breeze on planet Gunsmoke. Revoltech 091 Vash the Stampede- 9/10! Why aren't all Revoltechs this beautiful ?




No comments:

Post a Comment