Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Taito Yukiko Amagi in Mayonaka Arena Action Figure! For Yu. . .Kiko!

I decided that Yukiko Amagi was kawaii enough to join my collection of kawaii anime girls. Something about her bangs bug me, but I found her for $30 including shipping, and my clicking hand took over. I actually go this last week, but I was waiting for more to come because I prefer to write a bunch of these blogs at once. It can't be helped the post office is inconsistent as shit.


There's a figma, a Figuarts Zero, and obviously the figure I bought of Yukiko. The reason I went with the Taito one is I liked the pose the best, aside from already having two figures in the line. She looks ready to do some fabulous damage with the fan, or just give you a gentle breeze. Which ever you prefer.


The figure is extremely loose in this pose, to the point where it can barely support itself. The ankle on mine is half broken from trying to get her to stand up straight.Her fan is attached to the palm with sticky tack. It was glue on badly at the factory, and there's a peg there, but it's too small to affix it properly without help. The paint job and sculpt are beautiful, but the above issues clearly deter from its overall fabulousness. The looks exactly like she does in promotional art of Persona 4, and possibly what she looks like in Arena (Never played it, I suck at fighting games. So what do I give this half assed statue? Why a 6/10 of course! She's beautiful, but the engineering here is lacking and poorly thought out. Hopefully my Figuarts Zero Persona 3 Main character comes this week, Customs can't keep him hostage forever, right ?
I am running out of space, so these are crammed in front of a shelf of Transformers. Somethings just can't be helped.


No comments:

Post a Comment