Tuesday, February 4, 2014

G.E.M. Series - Digimon Adventure: Yamato "Matt" Ishida & Gabumon and Taichi "Tai" Kamiya & Agumon 1/10

As with any kid from the 90s, I grew up with Digimon.  So when these were announced, I knew I NEEDED them in my life. Plus the 1st editions came with a bonus face, and who doesn't love bonuses ?

    The figures were much smaller than I expected.  Then again, the only Megahosue G.E.M. figures I've owned were from Code Geass, and these were much cheaper. The boxes contain plenty of wasted space, and that bothers me as a dirty hippie who is all about saving the environment.

Up first is Tai, because he's better. WHY DIDN'T YOU CHOOSE HIM SORA???? Tai is very well sculpted and painted, though his hair is missing a chunk, due to that being the connecting spot for Agumon.

That's better. Bros for lyfe! Tai and Agumon both look as energetic and playful as they were during the series, color me impressed! Agumon looks like he's about to fly away though. Still, these are nice, especially since the Digimon D-arts line is deader than disco.

Gabumon comes attached to Matt in the package, so no apart shots. Especially since these two must never be separated, or Matt will be emo.Matt has some nice higlights, to the point where I caught a glance at his alternate head and though it was some else, like a super saiyan head. As with Tai, the sculpt on him and Gabumon is superb, and the embrace is cute.
   Here's the duo with their alternate faces, and the only other figures of them in existence. So now you must ask youself, am I a Digimon fan ? Do I want what are possibly the only good Matt and Tai figures in existance ? If the answers to both of those questions is yes, good luck tracking them down. The cheapest i can find for them is twice what I paid. Ouch.  Tai and Matt- 7/10.





No comments:

Post a Comment