Friday, February 28, 2014

Play Arts Kai Lightning- Vanilla version! From the time when we though FF13 might be good.

I finished Kingdom Hearts II last night, it had been almost 8 years since I first played it.  I really enjoyed the game, the reaction commands and overall sense of epicness really drive the game to great heights. I know they game is hyped to hell and back, but I really enjoyed it, and might even buy a PS Quatro to play it. Unless my brother gets one first. I'll probably play Metal Gear Solid next, though I firmly expect to hate it like the dirty hipster I am.
                                                                                                                                        
   I never expect to pick this figure up, but when she showed up on Amiami for $25, I couldn't resist! I really need to stay off that site. I think I like this outfit the best out of Lighting's three cover costumes, though price wise they're all about the same on the Play Arts Kai aftermarket. I picked the Returns version because it was new and shinier. 

     It's been a long ass time since I saw this outfit, since I suffered through Final Fantasy XIII that week back in 2010. I tired to repress those memories, but the waifus and whatnot convinced me to come back! I am an awful person. I own three figures from a game I hate, what's next, liking Evangelion 3.0 Gays on pianos ?

   The figure itself is beautifully sculpted, with it's awesome cape thing, and Lightnings sweet as safari shirt. Seriously, who okay-ed this design ? She looks like she's on safari with a scarf worn poorly. As with most Play Arts Kai, she's light on accessories with two hands, a weapon, and a folded weapon. Her base is the same as Vanille's, which was weird then, and still is now.

   Her weapon fits snugly in its sheath, which hangs off her ass, and hits her thighs when she moves, The more I think about it, the worse this design seems. She has the standard number of belts for Tetsuya nomura design, actually she might be a bit light. She has a pretty face and hair though!
I want to BE the Lightning!

   I actually did have some fun posing her, she looks really cool with her weapon. The posedness is pretty good, she isn't as top heavy as the returns version. I give Play Arts Kai Lightning my standard score of 7/10! Now let's see all three gals together!
Poor Rikku, she's a womanlet.




No comments:

Post a Comment