Wednesday, February 19, 2014

This Blog is lacking in Revoltechs, time to fix that! Evangelion 08+02 Revoltech EX! Evangelion store 2 year anniversary guy!

   As I was fighting to get my car out of my lawn, I saw the USPS guy go down the road to deliver a package before parking in his usual spot to deliver mail. He waited til after I left to deliver my package. Awesome. Thanks USPS and thanks for making me sign for everything fro another country. RAGE!!! Anyway I paid out the ass for this figure ($70) But it's limited edition and all that, and I have a huge boner for Revoltech Evangelions, so I NEEDED it!

   The box is nothing special, same as every other Revoltech. The back is not much different either. I wanted a fancier box for my fancier figure Japan! Let's crack her open!


   As seen in the Trailer for Evangelion 4.0 (Which will most likely make everyone hate the series even more) Unit 08+02 was seen in a few clip running around fighting Mass produced Mark 06s. You knew a revotlech was coming since then, especially since all Kaiyodo had to do was take two existing figures, cut them in half, and assemble the remnants down the middle. This figure reminds me of that half Calico half clack called called Chimera that's been making rounds on the internet forever. Accessory wise it's better than Unit 13, but worse than the rest. The sword is cool, and so's the AT field, but they threw in way too many plastic rods. One of which I cannot figure out what the fuck it's for.  Thhe AT field is cool, but there's some sort of bit. Fin Funnel thing that was used by Unit 13 during the Final battle under Nerv in 3.0 It shows unit 13 using it like that on the back, and wa originally packaged with Unit 08 Beta, which no one bought because 08 Alpha came with that fuck win shield.  On noteworthy thing is there is a single dot above the thumb on the hands, and half (right)have a pink dot, and the other half (left) have a red dot for their respective sides.



   The AT field is cool, but it it a reuse from another Revoltech, which is the same as this whole figure, aside from the sword. Why can't Revoltech do sweet ass special edition figures like Figma does? WTF!




08+02 can hold the sword with both hands, which is cool I guess ? The hips on this guy are a mess, they don't bend right nor do they move like you want them too. The leg armor gets in the way of articulation. It's possible the joints on mine are stiff, but I think Kaiyodo just phones this in. It's an extremely half assed figure, and insulting at $70. It retails in Japan  for $42, and i think that's a bit much for this turd. I give it a 5/10, and that's being generous. Wow me with Evangelions from 4.0 Revoltech! Wow me or lose my business! Figma's announced some slick ass shit for the upcoming year, as had Figuarts. Do not disappoint me! As soon as I left to pick up this guy at the post office, I missed the delivery of my next package which contains Figma Rei, Haruhi Cheerleader version, and some Haruhi cosplay figures that came with her Wii game (they were cheap). Expect them to be up her tomorrow, so I can meet my weekly quota of 4 blogs.






No comments:

Post a Comment