Sunday, February 23, 2014

MG Heavy Arms! Gundam Wing is the best Wing.

When I first heard the name of Trowa's Gundam, I thought it was hilarious. Heavy Arms ? That was the perfect name for a Gundam armed to the teeth with weapons. I was always disappointed that the only kit of him was the lame ass 1/144 with crap balanced and bland sculpting. Then I found out about the MG! I was out of Gundam/Anime/ Whatever at the time, and I just recently was pushed towards buying MG Wing Kits with the release of MG Proto Zero. I picked up Epyon because he was cheap and on the same site as MG Zero, and HeavyArms had been on back-order for month at HLJ before he finally came. They also had MG Deathscythe one sale for Black Friday, so now all I need now is Alrton to get an MG release. What a bad ass suit that is!
    Standard size for an MG of course. I expected this kit to be about Sandrock level of difficulty, and I was right! He looks so much cooler than that kit though.


   Twelve kit trees ? That's nothing! I eat that for breakfast! Side note, Kit trees are delicious and have about as much nutrition as something from Taco Bell. At the rate I'm buying shit, I better learn to live off them and cardboard, or I will starve to death. They can't be that different from Ramen Noodles right ? Time to boil some kit trees!

   What a sex beast! I love the look of Heavyarms version Katoki, it has more  of a gritty look, like he was assembled in a hurry for Guerrilla combat (he was technically). It has all the hidden missles and Gatlings of The Heavyarms custom, but with the original pain scheme. Plus the bad ass gattling looks like something out of Teams Fortress 2.




   The ammo can and beam gattling can be mounted on his shoulders, but holding it is awkard. I have no idea why it can't clip onto his forearm, and instead relies on the fingers to hold it (it does not hold together well) and I had to use my usual sticky tack on it. The gun also makes him unbalanced, and the ammo belt pops out constantly. It's a minor annoyance, but still. Included is a beam weapon, but it has no beam, and to store it you have to take apart the arm. Whatever, he does not affect my final score! MG Heavy Arms- 8/10! It got him for $27 on HLJ's Black Friday's sale! It's not much more now, at $31, though shipping as $12 on it. Add it on to your giant order!


No comments:

Post a Comment