Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Dragon Quest - The Legendary Armor Returns -Tenku no Equipment Arc- Warning! Incoming turd!

Well you can't win them all, and this figure represents the lone turd in this lot. Well, that is debatable, because I wasn't impressed with the Revoltech 42, but still. This guy, the Hero from Dragon Quest 4 takes the shit filled pie. Dragon Quest 4 is probably my favorite game in the series. I loved the idea of playing as multiple people who later join up with the hero. It gives the story a different feel, one I enjoyed immensely. I wanted this figure to be good, like the Myth Cloth series from Saint Seiya. Price wise and the promo pictures lead me in the direction, and what I got was much different.

   The first thing i noticed was the face is kind of derpy. It's not polished or well sculpted, and looks like it's made of clay. The next thing was the box was extremely light, like there was nothing inside. That meant the armor was not metal, or even some solid plastic. When I took it out I was even more disappointed.

   The figure is extremely derpy, with loose joints, a cheap finish on the paint, and an overall lackluster feeling. The armor is somehow worse. The armor is made out of really rubbery plastic,  and the shoulders will not stay on. They attached with rubber clips that will not stay connected. The back of the armor won't close right either. The detail on the armor, sword, and shield are great, but it's just like putting lipstick on a pig. The figure is just underwhelming overall, and nothing can change that.

   He looks cool with his weapon and shield in hand, but for $50 ? He is such a rip off. It's like they wanted to copy the Myth Cloth line, but didn't want to spend any money. Most of his armor comes off, but it makes the figure look even worse. I don't even know what to say,  this guy was such a let down. Asstastic Sky Armor- 2/10! Do not want!



No comments:

Post a Comment