Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Transformers Dark of the Moon Ultimate Optimus Prime! One cool super robot, and one shitty Optimus figure!

  Like most people, I was luke-warm towards the Dark of the Moon toy line. The Deluxes weren't bad, though I picked them up on clearance, and Shockwaves figure was fricking sweet, the rest were meh to crap. Plus, there was no leader Megatron! Ultimate Optimus had promise, but who would pay $80-$90 for him ? No one, and that's why everyone who has him most likely picked him up on clearance like I did. I saw him for $40, and knew that was exactly what I would pay for him. After having him over a year, I finally cracked him open and played with him.

  The Biggest Optimus Prime toy ever ? Holy Fuck, that's what I call a selling point!


  I'm rather impressed by this guy right out of the package. A big ass gun, wings that remind me of Gundam Double X, and it's Optimus Prime ? I'm sold. I can see why people hate this guy, movie Optimus gets a trailer that becomes a sweet jet pack in the movie, and an Armory, and this figure just has some big ass blue wings. Still, we did get a Jetpack Optimus, and it sort of had an American release by way of Amazon.com. I didn't buy it, but I'm sure plenty of people did.
    Included is a big ass weapon that goes over Optimus' head to target Deceptipunks. It does look pretty solid alongside this walking beast. I love it! Still, what would taking him out of the battle suit yield ?

   Yep, those giant ass forearms and twiggy legs remind me the manlets at my gym, well one guy anyway.  He looks awful on his own, and even worse next to leader Optimus Prime (2007). Time to see truck mode!



    He looks okay in truck mode, but tiny next to 2007 Optimus. Time to check the trailer:

    This guy is pretty solid with the trailer, and it looks hilarious on 2007 Optimus. So out of 3 modes, two are great, one is retarded. I'll give him a 7/10. I love when Optimus combines with his trailer! I'm not the guy to ask about unbiased reviews when Optimus Prime is involved. Still that may change when Age of Extinction Optimus Prime hits:
   Yeah, even photoshop can't hide that back kibble. Plus the cost of $45 ? Yikes. I'll buy him, and complain endlessly.





No comments:

Post a Comment