Monday, October 7, 2013

NECA Shit these out! Pacific Rim Gipsy Danger and Striker Eureka!

    Well, I got another toy in the mail, so you know the drill. It's time to ramble and slap some halfway decent pictures on this thing, and call it a day! It's been a long one, what with Waking up too early, Going to class, banging out a workout, and finally seeing Gravity with my bro. I really wanted to hate it, as I dislike disaster movies, but it was too damn good. 9/10. Anyway onto the usual fare.


   Striker is up first, since he came today. A beautiful sculpt and paint job of course, NECA seems great at that. The odd thing is the Stiker on the back of the package has open, gold hands, and the one in the package has closed silver ones. Odd, but whatever. Now as for taking it out of the package . . .
  The leg is broken! Fuck yes go NECA! It is broken in a way that I can still ghetto rig it to stand, I just can't move it so much. Ugh, looks like I'm never getting a NECA again. It can't be helped. It will look pretty on my shelf.
Ill scissor your mum mate!


    The sculpt, as I said is beautiful. The paint job had a worn look to it, and I love it. The details on the joints, and his jet pack are exquisite. However, he is a bit stumpy looking, especially compared to Gypsy. I love how he actually has weapons! Something I felt Gipsy Danger was severely lacking. Sure, the battle damaged one has them, but goddamn I bought the original over two months ago! Striker's scissors can be moved back onto his forearms.  The articulation is average, though the legs are extremely stiff, and after the cracked hip joint, I am afraid to move any of them much. NECA Striker Eureka- 6/10
Rock em sock em robots- Manlet vs man.
   Next up is Gispy Danger! He's been standing( and falling) on my shelf since a few weeks after I saw Pacific Rim, and finally tracked down one at a non rape price. Thank you gohastings.com! It's out of stock now, good luck to anyone who wants to track this guy down. The main problem with Gipsy Danger is simple:
   His legs are loose, and suck at holding up his lanky frame. The right one is especially bad. I've heard of other people having similar problems, so it isn't just me. The figure is okay I guess, It's a beautiful rendition of Gipsy Danger, include the same great paint job as Striker. The articulation is rather limited, and stiff to top it off. It's okay as a display piece, but for more, you better pray we get a Revoltech of Chogokin.
   The non covered areas that expose Gypsy's inner workings, which are beautiful, and the high point of this figure. I really don't recommend him unless you absolutely love Pacific Rim. I don't regret buying him, but it could be much better. Maybe the 18inch Gispy Danger will be better. I kind of doubt it though,  I can't justify buying it when NECA's other offering from the line are so crappy. Gipsy Danger-4/10

   Next toy ramblings will be Figma Rin and Shiro! Maybe, if I can find Shiro's accessories. Here's a manga picture of my Dingo:
What a cutie!
 It is unrelated to anything, but I felt like putting it here.



No comments:

Post a Comment