Sunday, October 20, 2013

Revoltech 110 Rurouni Kenshin Himura Battousai! Nostalgia.jpg

  Like in previous review, I picked this guy up an Otakon 2012. I never really was hooked by the Kenshin Anime, but the manga however . . . that's a different story. I loved it from the first volume. To this day, it's still in my top ten. Actually, more like five. That sounds a bit better. So seeing him at Otakon, and making a hard choice between blue and magenta shirts, I picked the old school blue Kenshin. I feel it suits him more.
  Figure comes with an extra face, two swords, two scabbards, and a hilt of a sword, for one of the scabbards. Which is odd, as his swords can fit in the  one scabbard. Like most fancy Japanese figures, he has many a extra hands, and an extra belt for the second scabbard. This guy also has a stand, and some sort of effect burst for his foot. The effect part was also released with Evangelion Unit 13 for whatever reason.
  Kenshin is extremely articulated, and quite capable of pulling off some sick poses, but unfortunately the stand isn't up to the task of holding him there. There is however one issue I'd like to address on my figure, the right sword holding hand had a broken peg, so it's unusable. For whatever reason most of the extra hands are left hands, so this makes the issue even more annoying. End whining.

Here's the pile of accessories, with the fucked up hand near the edge. Now it's onto the figure himself.

  This is a figure that looks great in dynamic poses, but not so much in static. Especially his pants, the bagginess doesn't come off looking to hot, but who would keep this pose-able guy standing there like a doof ? Communists, that's who!


  He can do slick ass quick drawing poses, and sweet battle movements. I want a Sanosuke to go with him so bad! I Guess the !Story Image Figures! will have to do. Hey they seem to be rare, and I have all three sets! Score! Kenshin even comes with an awesome hitchhikers hand, for traveling those back-roads late at night and trying to get picked up by a passing cart:
Or he could just be congratulating you on your neck beard. I'm not sure, it's you call. In any case Revoltech Rurouni Kenshin 110- 7/10.


Next up is most likely Chogokin Saber. Let me check the Estimated arrival date. Wednesday the 23rd! Which would be acceptable if it wasn't a two hour drive away from my current location. Fuck Fed Ex. They have to stop at at least three unrelated location each further from it's place of arrival than the place before them. So remember when you hate someone, send them something Fed Ex, and include the tracking for extra lulz.







No comments:

Post a Comment