Saturday, October 5, 2013

Shocking First Bullet! Kazuma the king of generic Figuarts!

   Hot on the heels of my review of generic school girl 2736493 from Max Factory, Here's a perfect male counterpart to the lameness of Kirino!

   I love the Scryed manga. It's been in my manga top ten since I was 16. My brother bought all five volumes at Borders, and I fell in love. It's nothing particularly amazing, but the over the top action, slick ass artwork, and Kazuma's "fuck you I'll win" attitude is right up my alley. Unfortunately this design is from the anime. Created by the king of Same face Hisashi Hirai, it's kind of a meh design. Not too far removed from the manga one, and this guy was on clearance. So I clicked buy! Do I regret wasting $20 on this ?
  Wow, what a shortage of accessories. Two faces, a left hand, and extra forearm, and a power burst. I love hos S.H. Figuarts will turn out guys with a fuckton of awesome like Trunks, and then alternately have a guy with almost jack like this.  Still the figure is okay, and what else could they have done ? Upgrades for his second form ? Nah that's web exclusive! Open your asshole!
Decals for a stand I'll never buy ? How thoughtful.
Lameness personified

He should get that looked at.
   Well time to prove I'm a writer extraordinaire and ramble about nothing. The pose ability is okay, and the Alter arm is pretty cool. He does resemble his bland looking anime counterpart as well, so I suppose that's a plus. You can remove his back spikes and replace one with the explosions burst that appears when he uses his special "Shocking Fist Bulleto!" It's cool this figure exists, as up to this point all we had were the Story! Action! Gashapon figures, and they looked even worse.

Yo want sum o dis gal ?
   In any case this is a bland figure, and only buy it if you love Scryed. There's other figures in the line, but they're all web exclusives. This line bombed, HARD, so expect to pay out the ass. Kazuma's final form from the anime (the one that looks like the cat thing from Final Fantasy VIII) looks okay, but I wouldn't pay more that $30 for it. I'd throw money at a manga final form figure. Complete with red and blue super Saiyan hair, and dragon arms. Fuck yeah! This guy was released to coincide with the Scryed movies for the 10th anniversary of the series. Though did anyone really care ? S.H. Figuarts Kazuma-4/10



No comments:

Post a Comment