Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My First Mass Model review! Featuring MG Proto Wing Zero, MG Epyon, 1/144 Gundam Double X, and Pikachu!

    I received a giant package in the mail!

 Hory shit, what could be contained in this box of wonder ? A torso ? Dragon Dildos ?  A small Dog?

   Even better than Dragon Dildos, it's four models! Yes! Including one I've been waiting years for- Wing Zero. Yes, it's a slightly modified version, Proto Wing Zero, but the only real difference I see are the chest ring, and the wings. Nothing too annoying. I had to have him, and since Amiami had Epyon in stock, I added him to my pre-order. This whole order was shipped from Japan by Amiami in under five days. I paid out the dick for shipping, but it was well worth it. First up is Pikachu! He was $4, so I figured why now ?
    This is an  extremely simple kit, no surprise.  It contains only two kit trees, and it's made by Ban Dai, so I expect good things, and was rewarded.
   How kawaii! He looks exactly like the anime incarnation of Pikachu! The stickers make him perfect! Plus his ears twitch when you turn his head. What a gimmick Mark! I give him a 9/10! Well deserved for the price.
 

   Now it's time for Gundam Double X. I love this guys design, and Gundam X the series. Say what you will about it, Gundam X was a fun ride. Screw you haters! I already have the 1/100 GDX, so expect some fabulous comparison shots.
    Hmmm seven kit trees ( I don't count the polycaps, or lightsaber bits) ? Not much of a challenge, time to throw down and make a masterpiece out of the pieces! Roughly one hour later!

   Not too shabby, worth a bit more than what I paid for it, but not by much.  They did a great job as this scale, though personally I prefer 1/100. 1/144 is too small, 1/60 is too big, but 1/100 is just right! Now how does it hold up next to the almost 17 year old 1/100 Gundam Double X ?
   Not as well as I'd hoped. The 1/100 has separate pieces for satellite panels, where as the HGAW 1/144 has stickers, in adition it has yellow pieces on the arms and legs, while the 1/100 has silverish ones. Sorry 1/144th , despite being all new and shiny, the golden oldy is a much better choice, and doesn't cost much more. Maybe someday we shall get a Master Grade, though I strongly doubt it.
I give this guy a 6/10. Amiami has the 1/100 for a dollar more than this guy. Get him instead, you'll be more satisfied.
          
           Now it's time for the moment you've been waiting for! I know I have- Master Grade Proto Wing Zero! My dick is so hard right now.



  Thirteen kits trees ? That's a real man's challenge! I was salivating at the mouth to build this beautiful fucker, and have him glare at me from the shelf above me T.V. So after 3.5 hours, 2.5 hours of building, and 1 hour of applying decals with a pair of tweezers, this bouncing baby boy appears!



 Yes, he is everything you want from a Wing Zero Kit! He's beautiful! I love him, I love his buster rifle. I love the design, I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!!
   I love that he can store him beam sabers in his shoulders, the only thing I hate is his hands. They're awkward, and keep falling apart when I make him hold the double buster rifle. I will most likely glue him as some point.  Still that doesn't dampen my enthusiasm.



  Now for the unfortunate comparison shots. The old 1/100 from 1995 looks dated next to him, and rightfully so. If they can't improve the models, what would be the point otherwise ? Especially since this is a Mastergrade.  I'm extremely happy they included a stand, with attachments for robot mode, and bird mode! One final shot before the score!

  10/10!!! MY HIGHEST SCORE! BUY HIM, BUY HIM, BUY HIM!!!!!!! NOW MAKE ME A DEATHSCYTHE HELL AND ALTRON MASTER GRADE BAN DAI!!! PLEASE!!! AND POSSIBLE A GUNDAM DOUBLE X OR V2!!!
    
   I had been thinking about buying Master Grade Epyon for quite sometime. I saw him at an anime con back in 2011, but they wanted $70 for him. I say him browsing Amiami after I preordered Proto Zero, and found him for under $40. I know a deal when I see one!

  Only 11 kit trees ? And the wings are huge pieces ? Not quite the challenge Wing Zero was, though I was half asleep when I built the upper body. My fingers still ache from the pain of all these kits. So after what I'm guess was 4 hours, three half asleep hours building, and an hour for decal fun, it was completed!
   Even more striking than Zero, that's not right, but it's awesome! The decals make this guy look even better, these two kits are the only non Zoids I was ever assed to attach decals to. And they look amazing for it! The maroon and black with the white decals over them is striking, it really brings out the beauty of this kit. Now for the obligatory unflattering comparison shots:


   Yeah, the 1/100 looks like shit, and his old hands can't even hold the beam saber anymore ( I've had him over a decade). The marron is also a much uglier shade, lighter, less dynamic really. Now for my attempt at bird mode:

   I don't have a stand, so I must hold him. I couldn't get they tail to attach either, apparently I couldn't sodomize him right. One plus is the feet now have mouths, and look like a two headed Dragon! Awesome! So the score for this guy is no surprise- 10/10! The perfect companion for your newly bought Proto Zero!

Bonus points if you can name the anime!
   They look beautiful together, and now I will use this to showcase their shelfmates, mostly newly opened of bought:


  Art. Til next time! Expect more anime blogs soon, and Clannad! I am addicted to Clannad yet again!










No comments:

Post a Comment