Sunday, October 20, 2013

It is your Fate to Stay up all Night playing with these! Figma 051 Shiro Emiya and Figma 011 Rin Tosaka dual review!

    Who didn't want to be a hero when they were a child ? Growing up with Power Rangers, Spider-man, and Batman all over the television and toy store aisles it was a hard thing to miss. Shiro Emiya wants to be a hero to this very day, and I always found that somewhat inspiring. I know this toy is considered rare now, judging by the prices on ebay and Mandrake- but luckily I pre ordered him back in 2009 ? It was an odd time for the figure to be released, with the anime ending years prior, and the Unlimited Blade Works movie not yet being a thing. Luckily it was around that time I played through the Visual novel. I think they had just completed translating the final part of the game- Heaven's Feel, and /a/ fapping over it got me interested. So onto the my first Figma- Shiro Emiya.
   I tossed the box years ago, so here's a stock shot. I dig the blades on the hill design on the box, a subtle hint as to who Shiro will become.
  Now what he comes with are the quintessential Shiro accessories- his twin swords Kanshou and Bakuya, Archer's left arm and Berserkers Axe-Sword from Heaven's Feel, and a bunch of random hands. A stand as well, but that's standard for any Figma really. I still do appreciate it however! The sculpt is gorgeous, it's a simple ginger teenager, but it manages to look wonderful, in my eyes at least.
THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED! IT'S TELLING ME TO HOLD ONTO VICTORY!
 All of the left hands have the command seal, which is a pretty sweet touch. I know it's expected, but I still feel it's noteworthy. Still everyone with taste will most likely poser him with the axe-sword:

Make me a good dinner Rin, or else you're taking it all up there tonight!


  Shiro can surprisingly support this heft sword quite well, thanks to tight joints, and the stand. Awesome, he just looks so bad ass. Like this is a man who can make the impossible possible! Which really he is. He's in scale with the Rin Figma, though I've heard he's a midget next to the Rin Revoltech. He's somewhat in scale with the Chogokin Gilgamesh, the heights right, but Gilgamesh has a broader face, and stronger build. I'll take more scale pics once I have my Chogokin Saber.

Ignore the dust, my housekeeping skills suck.

Well it's time for the final Numbers- Figma Shiro Emiya 8/10! If you can find him for a non-rape price get on that shit!

   Now it's time for my disappointment of the week- Figma Rin! I bought it used off Amiami for a decent price, and regretted it shortly after.


  Yep this looks cool enough. A great representation of Rin, what with the battle face, and magic knives, and magic crest forearm, but what happens when I tried to change those hands ?
  Yep, somehow even her left twin tail broke off, what the fuck ? I barely forced it, and BAM! Broken shit! I will never buy used again.  I did end up ghetto rigging the arm so it's passable as a display piece, but its obvious something is up with the arm.
  She will forever more be in this pose. Fuck early Figmas and used ones. I give this bitch a broken/10. Legit score. I can't say anything nice about this figure after what happened, so I won't say anymore.Until now! I have been playing a fuckton of Fate/Stay Night, and caevd, picking up a used one off amiami for $22. They had two toher revoltechs I wanted, so It was FATE!

The sculpt is pretty solid, especially on the accessories. She's got any of the accessories you could really conceivable think of Rin Tosaka of having. Including her magic crest and dual daggers. Here's some fun poses.

Her best Shirou/Archer impersonation.
I suppose this is a nice, albeit delicate figure. I'll giver a 7/10, though this is heavily swayed by my fanboyism.

  So as a bonus here's all we had Fate/Stay Night wise for awesome male figures!
These are both from the Collective Memories collection by Goodsmile! The same people who make the above mentioned Figmas!

   The sculpts are both good, but they are trading figures, so articulation is limited. Also Gilgamesh's head is permanently pointed down, so neck articulation is pointless, he basically can look from his crotch to both his shoes. Yeah, his left arm can swivel at the shoulder, like he's about to call forth his Gate of Babylon.
Oh you!
 
Archer is a bit better, the arms have decent movement so he can pretend to aim his bow.


If you take off his bow, which is removable, he's hissing a chunk of his hand. Still, these guys aren't expected to do much more than stand there and look pretty. This Archer is the best Archer figure I can find for a non rape price ( Fuck Enterbay), and the Gilgamesh figure may be the only street clothes. UBW version we ever get- 7/10 for the both of them. I picked up Gilgamesh on eBay years ago cheap, and he still seems to be there at low prices. I can't find this exact Archer figure, but there seems to be a similar Ban Dai made one. I picked this one up at Otakon for $12 in 2012.


Combines my love of Fate and Geass!







No comments:

Post a Comment