Thursday, October 17, 2013

Once more with Feeling! Ban Dai Chogokin Archer- or Gilgamesh for those in the know.

    Well it's time for one final review before I settle down to read another Spider-man novel, or play some Fate/stay Night. So it's time for the figure I've been wanting for years- a good toy representation of Gilgamesh the King of Heroes. I may not be the biggest fan of Fate/Zero ( I love the novel, the anime . . . not so much) but it lead to me getting this figure. Yay. Now where's my Figma Archer Good Smile ? Please bring Master Asia from Ban Dai when you escape. Along with the G Gundam hoes.

   Gilgamesh has metal armor, which I suppose is the main feature of Ban Dai's Chogokin line. It works very nicely for this beautiful man, known for his shinning golden armor (and weapon spam, but let's not get into that!) He includes his famous sword- Ea. It has spinning red and black pieces which I believe can create tornadoes if spun fast enough, however I'm too afraid to unleash that beast. He has a stand as well, that kind of sucks. He's suppose to balance on his plastic summoning disc, but the weight of the armor makes it bend, and is difficult to force him to stay on. Even with a plastic rod jammed in his back.
Come and get some!
I cannot say this enough- The armor sculpt is beautiful. It's solid, heavy, and shiny! His cape and loin cloth are well done too. They even did a solid job on his codpiece symbols.

  Included are extra hands, folding arms,two more faces, three goblets, and a pitcher of wine. These are great if you have a saber figure, though don't hold your breath on a Rider figure. It will never happen. And if it does, I will exploded with rage at it not being a certain Red Knight also called Archer.
The folded arms aren't articulated at all, but really, when they look this cool who cares ? They fight the image of the haughty King quite well.
All for me Mongrels!

Gil's always the life of the party.
This guy is the definitive figure of the King of Heroes, though are they're really any other options ? I have an old trading figure in his street clothes, but that has nothing on this guy. Seriously if you love Gilgamesh BUY HIM! Now pray with me for a Street Clothes Gilgamesh Figuarts, and an Archer Figuarts. Chogokin Gilgamesh 9/10. Here's where I got mine:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-06347&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Darcher%24pagemax%3D20%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

No comments:

Post a Comment