Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I buy Sausage! Lucky Star Figmas No. 13 Kagami, Number 35 Hatsune Miku Kagami, and EX 001 Haruhi Konata

   I cannot in good conscious begin this blog without this stale, mold ridden copy pasta:

I like Konata because she is a otaku like me, except she has friends. Oh god I wish I had friends too ;_;

Konata also likes videogames and she is kawaii. And there are lesbians in the show and that's good because I like lesbians and I will never have a girlfriend. Why am I such a loser?!

Konata is like my dreamgirl she has a :3 face I love that. She is also nice why aren't real girls nice!? I got dumped a lot of times but I love konata and she wouldn't dump me because she's so nice and cool.

We would play videogames all day and watch Naruto and other cool animes on TV, and I would have sex with her because sex is so good. I wish I could have sex with a girl.

 I know this was in my Kirino Figma review, but I like it, so fuck you. I'm not too sure why I bought any of these Figmas other  the Haruhi Cosplay Konata. I initially bought that one as I was going to Otakon, and Aya Hirano was performing there, and I hoped to get it signed. I camped in her performance line for hours with Satan (my ex) and when the concert was over, they announced the line beginning at the back of the room, rewarding those Johnny come late lies with her autograph. Fuck Otakon with a rust rail spike up the ass, you couldn't pay me to go back.

      Anyway enough bitching, I'm pretty sure I bought the Hastune Miku Kagami as a match to Konata's Haruhi Cosplay, and I think I bought Kagami because she was cheap, and my favorite Luck Star figure. I finally opened them, because YOLO right ? Plus they ain't worth SHIT. No reason to keep them MIB, those DBZ Figuarts one the other hand . . .


   Such fabulous boxes. Chronologically Konata is first in my picture order, so let's roll on with her.

   She's wearing the Haruhi cosplay she wore when she worked at that Otaku cafe in on episode, which is pretty cool they made a figure of her. I would have never bought a Konata figure otherwise. I'm not a big fan of her design, but an anime character dressing as another anime character ? Fuck yes, I can get onboard with that.  The sculpt is basically a perfect Konata, from the chubby fingers, to the fat baby face.
  Basic accessories of course, an extra face, and some hands. Really what more did you expect, a whip ? A PS2 ? Mini Kyon ?  The pose ability is fine, standard for the series more or less. Still the real appeal of this is the novelty of of cosplay on a figure. Pretty cool.

Obligatory.

  I love how it's a scaled down version of Haruhi's outfit, that's really the only selling point here. I picked it up cheap on Mandrake, and I would recommend you do the same if you like Lucky Star, or Haruhi. I'll give Konata EX 001 a 7/10 for oddity factor.

    Rolling on down the cosplaying Lucky Star figma train is Kagami cosplaying as Hatsune Miku, of Vocaloid fame.

  I know there hair seems off color, but I couldn't get my iPhone to pick it up right. Whatever. Kagami is my favorite Lucky Star character, and everyone needs a Hatsune Miku figure ( take you pick, there is enough for all) so this was a no brainer. It looks nice next to Haruhi Konata. Which is really what collecting is all about. It's excatly as Kagami appeared during roughly five minutes of the Lucky Star ova. It looked cool there, it looks cool here too.

   It includes the standard extra chubby face, and fat hands. However it also comes with dual wielding leeks! I'm not sure why Hatsune Miku carries a leek, but I know she does.  Two of them however, that's pretty cool. The paint job and movement are good, and she can hover thanks to her glorious stand and low weight. I like this figure a bit more that Cosplay Haruhi Konata, but I'd give them the same score of 7/10.
  Finally is Figma 013 Kagami Hiiragi.
    Doing the Matrix. This is honestly an extremely bland figure, as all the Lucky Star Figmas are. They're generic moe school girls, which you either love or hate. Lucky Star is what I feel is responsible for the kick starting of the moe genre. It did extremely well, and everyone rushed to cash in on the fad, which is what I feel is the cancer killing anime. Still, I did really love Lucky Star, as I love me some reference anime.  I'm not even going to describe the generic pose-ability or accessories, it's the same as the other two, with on exception:
  She comes with a volume of the Lucky Star manga, and the laughing face, which is expertly paired with it. Yep, but them all! I can't because Bandai went under, and I can't read moon. One thing noteworthy was this however:
  Her twin tail on the left broke, and her hand peg snapped when I tried to swap them. Yeah, I have the worst lucky with twin tailed tsunderes. Still this figure is okay- I'll give it a 5/10. Nothing special, but it may have been higher if it hadn't broken in two places. Here's some group shots to show how fabulous they go together.










No comments:

Post a Comment