Thursday, October 17, 2013

D-Arts Charizard and Mewtwo the Pokethon Rolls on!

   When Ban Dai announced articulated figures of the original three Pokemon starters in their then final evolutions, plus Mewtwo, I was elated. Who didn't want something like this years ago when Pokemon was the big kid on the block ? Still, better late than never. I had never owned a D-Arts before, having heard of their quality being pretty asstastic, however I was optimistic, and was rewarded.

  I still had Mewtwo's box on hand, so you get a shot of it. As you can tell already, the sculpt is A1 spot on! The tail looks a little odd, but that is most likely due to the many tiny joints. Still what a cool looking figure! I preordered the first edition, so mine came with Mew

  This guy includes a clear stand with a poke-ball design, two stands for Mew and Mewtwo, an extra hand for Mewtwo, and some sort of power attack for him. Basic, but honestly what else should it include ? A Pokeball ?


Remember kids- don't play with super glue!
  Mewtwo had weak wrists, so it often can't hold up its power attack, Whatever, it's not exactly a deal breaker.
Dat Tail.
  The tail is a bit odd, and the weak wrist knock this guy down a point, but I give it a 7/10.This is probably the best Mewtwo figure we will ever get. Hopefully it gets a releases again and again til everyone can own one. We will never get it in America. Sadface. Now onto my favorite Pokemon- Charizard!

   Yes, he is everything one would want in a Charizard. The beautiful sculpt, the cool looking flames on his tail, and his fire attack. The wing span and size, this guy is amazing!  This is definitely in my top ten of toys I own, and I own a fuck ton. Charizard includes a flame burst, the same base as Mewtwo, and two stands, one for him, and one for his attack.  Nice going Ban Dai!

  The wings can fold down to keep Charizard warm on cold nights, and his tongue moves so you can live out those make-out fantasies I know you have. Don't deny the truth!

 The stand for Charizard hooks under his wings to support him, and to position him with his Flame burst, making it seem like he's attacking. I just can't stop admiring his greatness, look at him! Seriously D-Arts Charizard 9/10!
   Personally I use him as a mount for Trunks, so he can ride him into battle against Vegeta, on MetalGarurumon:
   I'll review MetalGarurumon once the remaster of D-arts Wargreymon comes. Should be a month or so. Look forward to it maybe ?







No comments:

Post a Comment