Thursday, October 17, 2013

The most expensive piece of shit toy I ever bought- Ban Dai Tamashii Nations Armor Plus Kikoutei Rekka Ryo Inferno Armor.

   After all the fun, and positive blogs I've written today it's time to review the biggest mistake in my collection- Rekka Ryo Armor Plus Kikoutei in Inferno armor. This is the most I've ever dropped on a figure, and regretted it as soon as I opened it. It didn't help that it broke shortly after. Fuck this piece of shit. Anyway let's go into some details here.

   Like many people who grew up with Toonami, I loved me some Ronin Warriors (Yoroiden Samurai Troopers), and especially the armor designs. The playmates toys from the 90s were okay, the heads were tiny, and the armor looked awkward, but the springs inside them were super cool!  I had seen the Rekka Ryo in his Wilfred armor, and resisted. However, I couldn't stand resisting my favorite armor- the Armor of the Inferno. Fuck yes! I plopped $210 on this beast, and didn't regret it til I opened it. I received God Cloth Pegasus from Ban Dai's Myth Cloth line, and wanted a comparison. The God Cloth Pegasus was 10/10 toy material! Beautiful, solid, and super cool! So what would this figure that cots over twice as much be like ? Underwhelming!

This is gonna be the best episode of Pokemon ever!
 It's the armor, an articulated figure in black,an sitting figure for the cool armor poses prior to being summoned. The weird part it is comes with the Wild Fire swords, and Inferno swords, both with scabbards, for a White Blaze that doesn't exist ? Whatever. Anyway onto the piece of crap known as the main figure:

  I know the poses suck, but the hip piece on this fucker broke, and is held in place with epoxy, and sticky tack. If I move him too much, the pieces break, and I have to reglue it. Not a fun trial. One day I just looked over and saw his hip piece broken, and Ryo face down. I've heard of other peopel online having this problem, so I know it's not just me. As anyone with eyes can see, this guy is beautiful. However, they used a bit too much plastic compared to the Myth cloth line. The shin and feet covers are metal, as are the shoulders, but that's it. The rest is plastic. This would be okay on a $50 figure, but a $ 200 one ? Another nail in the coffin. I get that it's a web exclusive, so you have to pay more, but this is rape pricing.

   The face sculpt for Ryo is perfect, no complaints really. You do have to take off his mullet to fit his face into the helmet, some people may dislike this. People are weird, who knows.

  The swords kind of bug me, the handles looks too large and goofy to fit this guy.  They're shiny, which is nice, but the goofy red handles are distracting. He could probably do cool poses, but I am unable to attempt these, thanks to this fucking hip:

See the nice crack and glue ? Fuck this guy. Seriously. $200 for an underwhelming piece of shit ? No way. I'm plopping down the same for Masterpiece Starscream's Asian rerelease and Masterpiece Grimlock's rerelease, so I'll have a better comparison. Masterpiece Rodimus was worth $100, so hopefully they go that extra mile and please me.  In any case- Rekka Ryo Inferno Armor- 0/10
 They're clearing him out on BigbadToys (no surprise) so if you plan on never opening him I guess go for it. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=565  Otherwise don't expect much but an overpriced piece of shit. I heard the rest of the series has the same issues, so avoid them too.




No comments:

Post a Comment