Friday, November 22, 2013

Why are these bootleg upgrades so awesome ? KO Shadow Scyther with Shattered Glass Rodimus!

My friend and I went to a double feature of Hunger Games and Catching Fire Last night. We were the oldest non parents, the theater was packed with preteen girls. Luckily shit like that doesn't bother me, especially since Catching Fire was fucking awesome. A solid 9/10. I was going to write one of these wordy things on it, but I'm everyone else will. I even received a special Double Feature Lanyard. I already bought a Mockingjay pin and district 12 training shirt. Time to become even weirder than I am.
                                                                                                                                                     
     Well it's time for one of my favorite things to review; Transformers bootlegs! This are so much cooler than any official releases, even if the plastic is kind of cheap. This time it's Shadow Scyther, an upgrade kit for Shattered Glass Rodimus, also a fabulous bootleg. Let's Rock!

   I love the black and purple designs, they just have such a sleek bad ass look, on both the kit box, and Rodimus! The pieces on Rodimus in car mode don't fit as tightly as the could, but considering the official one is currently on ebay, I can live with this.
Bitch, I piss razor blades.

   I always enjoyed the classics Rodimus mold, and in this color scheme is no exception. The left leg was really stiff getting itno place, but it didn't break, so I can't complain. The face is missing the mustache, but the soul patch is there. He even comes with two flames for his gun/ exhaust, red and black. I believe the red looks better, the black is too edgy for me.
   Now here's the trailer! Awesome looking no ? It comes with the scythe of course, and random hands i can't figure out what to do with. I guess they go with trailer cannon.  Now let's see it all together in vehicle mode:



  That is one sexy emo convoy! Awwww yeah! It fits perfectly over  SG Rodimus! Now how well does the armor Upgrade look ? Armor of Wildfire! Down GIIII!

   Fuck yes, this gun is awesome!  I love the scythe, the imposing back fin upgrades, the evil fave, and the color scheme! An actual evil looking transformer that appeals to a hero loving fag such as myself! The only issue is the bootleg gun extender can't be held by this guy. It's too loose for his hands. Whatever, he only needs his scythe to reap Decepticon heads!
   Here's the left over parts. It comes with a black roller, and the left over trailer becomes a cannon battle station! I love it!

Sometimes even he gets tired of killing with his bladed weapons.
I  think there's a way to get him to grasp the cannon, but I couldn't be assed to do it. He looks imposing enough just standing behind it. Included is a red face mask for those of you who prefer clown faces.
    Well this guy is so much better than City Commander, even the overall quality of the plastic and paint job. Less scratches and better assembled, though many of the screws are rusted. Though that may just be mine. KO Shadow Sychter and SG Rodimus get a solid 8/10! Awesome!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment