Friday, November 29, 2013

Anubis: Zone of the Enders - Jehuty Plastic Kit, modeling is truly pain.

Well I felt the need to have A representation of Jehuty from Zone of the Enders, and I preferred the darker looks from Anubis/Second runner. I was torn between the Revoltech and this kit, but the kit was cheaper, and I love building models. I thought it would be fun, and the end result would be fabulous. I was wrong on all fronts.

      This kit contains 13 kit trees, and a stand. The tiny gold pieces reminded me of an early master grade kit, so I knew I was in for a challenge. What I received was suffering. This kit is not be be enjoyed, but endured, and quickly forgotten. The main issue I had was the super complex tiny pieces slapped together with vague illustrations, and if you fucked up and had to redo a piece, it broke while you disassembled it. Most of the pieces are super complex assembled pieces of plastic that tightly fit around thin rods, and break easy. My kit is held together in no less than three areas with sticky tack. I assembled them parts wrong, or I looked at them from an odd angle, and BAM! Breakage. This fucker took me two and half hours of pain.


The other main issue is when you attempt to assemble everything, pieces fly off like its nothing. The head, crotch, both arms, and legs would not stay together at the same moment in time. No matter how tight I thought they were in there, when I attempted to attach the next piece the rest shot off. Ugh this fucking kit. It does look really cool, but I'm afraid to touch it, or even look at it. This guy is a nightmare, just shell out for the Revoltech and save yourself a headache. I'll give it a 4/10. Seriously it looks fucking sweet, but damn its a headache and half to assemble,

No comments:

Post a Comment