Friday, November 29, 2013

Valvrave the Liberator Hi-to 1/144 The King of Stickers.

   I felt it had been long since I watched anime, and I heard Valvrave was a Gundam Seed and Code Geass rip off. Perfect! Since it was Sunrise, I knew there would be model kits. After much debate, I chose the black version of the first Valvrave unit (the white one looked like Nirvash from Eureka 7 to me). The final piece of my order G-Saviour came in, and BAM! A week later its showed up at my door.

   The design looks cool enough, and  it was 8 runners ( I don't count polycaps, stands, of effect parts). A frustrating two hours later, this mess was complete.


   It doesn't look bad, but the stickers are a nightmare. Almost every outer armor piece is lined with them, and it took almost as long as completing this kit to apply them. I pity anyone who paints this kit, you'll need patience and luck. Probably a heaping helping of insanity too. Another issue I had is the legs are a cluster fuck. I have to idea why the designer felt that the wing should be on its legs, but they get in the way of the upper body. Even worse is you have to jam two scabbards onto the thigh, mixed with the mess of wings and torso. I expect better Ban Dai!
  Th effect parts are clear for whatever reason, I don't understand why they didn't just mold them in pink like on the box. Exen weirder is the foot laser lighting bolt. It doesn't fit anywhere but on his heels. Yeah, whatever. He comes with a punching air slice effect too, but that at least makes sense.

   All of it's weapons and a few effect parts can be combined into a cluster fuck superweapon that he can barely heft. Valvy is hunched whn trying to hold it, and would most likely fall if no for the stand. The weapon looks super plain too, as it's clear swords and effect parts are slapped onto a black gun. Yeah.
  Included are two katana, and a shield. The swords are clear for some reason, as is half the shield. You getting lazy Ban Dai!
I'll kick your ass once I waddle over there!
   Still they did the best they could I suppose, it's a good design, just poorly executed. If the wings were on the back and the weapons weren't clear, I'd like this guy much more. When all is said and done, I give this mother a 6/10. Maybe the other Valvraves are better, but they don't exactly appeal to me.







No comments:

Post a Comment