Friday, November 29, 2013

My first Kotobukiya kit- Metabee from Medabots/ Medarot

I saw Metabee up for restock on amimai, and figured yes, the kit was worth $25. I would have gotten Rokusho too, but they weren't getting a shipment in on him apparently, so my Metabee is forever alone. This is the first non Ban Dai kit I've built, and I wasn't exactly thrilled with the contruction process, though the final product however . . .

   A pretty simple kit, loaded with polycaps! Most of which are round balls! So I suppose you could remark this kit is ball jointed. I banged it out in an hour or so.

   That's a solid looking Metabee! The construction was annoying, the kit's joints are essentially jam a ball on it and jam the ball onto a round hole. It was a pain in the ass, and they're super tight in there. Great for posing, a pain for assembling. 
Metabee even comes with removable medal, though it's molded in the same plastic as the back. Pretty cool. I suck at painting, though I'm sure plenty of people will paint it and the stand base gold. I learned my lesson on painting Escaflowne kits back in 2001. Never again!
He comes with a stand to hold card board cutouts and Japanese phrases. Yeah, whatever. I can't read moon, so the cardboard target was my choice. The right arm can fire a single clear missile, and it can get some decent distance using it's spring. Luckily they gave you three, so you can afford to lose one or two.

White power!
  Metabee comes with removable eye plates, including off, serious, regular, and angry. I love how expressive he is with just his eyes.  Note the clear missile by his feet. I lost the first one. Now my favorite part is the head rockets and their effect trails.
   Awwww yeah, if only he came with Medaforce effect parts, this guy would be perfect. Still as it stands, this is the best Metabee that is affordable. Who wants to shell out $150 for the D-Arts ? No one that's who. Plus the Hasbro/Takara one from close to 15 years ago is horribly out date. Still that line offers us the only Arc Beetle and Sumiladon we will ever get.
Metabee on meth on the right.
   I give this kit a solid 8/10. It really is the perfect representation of Metabee. It's time to kiss your bot goodbye!






No comments:

Post a Comment