Monday, September 30, 2013

KO Battle Tanker for Reveal the Shield Laser Prime and hunt for the Decepticons Seaspray! Mach go go go!

   Today after a sleep deprived day of class, I had two packages awaiting me on my doorstep! Oh yes:


  Technically the third one is a figure, not a package, but who wants a picture of a brown cardboard box ? Communist and Autists, that's who! Which I am neither, and this blog is written for me, by me! So suck it haters! I'm beginning this off with Hunt for The Decepticons Seaspray, since if it was after Battle Tanker, no one would read it, not even me.
   


    
   Let me start by saying I love this guy, and love him all night long. I've had my eye on him for some time, and saw him on ebay last week for $22. I pulled the trigger, and do not regret it. The Guy's screen name was even a reference to Sam Witwicky's! How sugoii! Seaspray in the original Generation one cartoon spoke like his head was underwater, and it was annoying. I'd like to pretend that this guy is a bit different when speaking, like a Christian Bale Batman.
 
   Moving on, this in one slick design, I love the scuba diver look for him! And his name  badge reading S.E.A. SP-Ray is just so well done, it adds to my positivity towards this figure. He has missiles on both his forearms, and little flippers on his feet. The broad chest gives him an overall imposing presence. His giant jets make him look like some sort of Rocketeer, who can fly to take care of any trouble stirred up by them 'cons!

   A smooth running looking hovercraft/ raft thing. I love how neatly it all folds into him, and how he's useable as a vehicle for other transformers.The color scheme gives him an overall oceanic feel, and considering he is some sort of water craft, its well used. Hunt for the Decepticons Seaspray-9/10!

Now here's the best segue I'll ever use:
Evil will burn! On the land, and in the sea!
Yes, Battle Tanker upgrade is that fucking awesome! Even the bootleg! Let's start with Reveal the Shield Laser Prime.
This would be a curb stomp battle.
 I don't happen to have a G2 laser prime, however I do have his darker twin repaint Scourge( or Black Convoy, you weaboos).Laser Prime is you average Deluxe, a cool looking truck with a beam sword. Who doesn't love those ? Inspired by the Laser Prime obviously, they did a good redesign for the modern age. The red, black and blue stand out among the gray, and the giant shoulder evoke the ideal of a line backer. I always hated his head though, it felt too pointy and crown like to be a Prime to me.Whoever Designed Battle Tanker felt the same way, and gave me a new, more Prime like head!


 Among other things! Check this bruiser out! Forearms and Hands get armor, He receives new leg armor, and giant Gundam feet to hold up this beast. This also includes a big ass sword! Just when you think it can't get any better, the sword includes a power pack, and it lights up!
   I don't know if the blade is suppose to light up, but on mine only the jewel in the hilt lights up. It could be due to the Chinese bootleg craftsmanship. You can only beat a Chinese child so hard to make toys correctly.  He includes two double barreled weapons, though who ever wants him to put down the sword ? You can store either of his swords on his back, attacked to the power supply.
  For whatever reason he comes with two katana blades, yet only one hilt. It is from Japan, and those guys love their Jap weapons as much as sci-fi fans love laser swords. Maybe.


  The rest of his trailer becomes a fucking tank armor add on, complete with stand in the back to hold up this monster. Missles everywhere, and a targeting screen that flip down over the head easily make this the best trailer since ultra Magnus. This guy had me at light up laser sword, and stole my soul with this upgrade.


  I had a bit of difficulty getting the leg armor into the trailer, they stick out slightly, though its not noticeable in the picture. Other than that, no problems. It's a neat little trailer that could only be better with pictures of Optimus burning forests. Not everyone knows that in the 80s Prime declared war on Smoky the Bear, and he took it more seriously than his fight with Megatron.
Dual laser swords ? Fuck me sideways!

   I don't think I can stress how awesome this guy is. I always like Laser Prime RTS, but this upgrade kit makes me love him! If you have a RTS Prime, may get an RTS Prime, or just love wasting Money BUY THIS! I give Reveal the Shield Prime a 7/10, and Battle Tanker a 10/10. I bought it from this guy off ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/181011045973?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649   It took a few weeks to arrive, but was well worth it. The thumb broke off during this review, but it doesn't diminish my feelings for this guy.

The instructions are colorful, and lovely so here they are:

To recap:
Hunt for the Decepticons Seaspray- 9/10
Reveal the Shield Laser Prime- 7/10
Battle Tanker-10/10


I'll prolly review a Figma next, since I'm sick of Transformers. Maybe the Chogokin Gilgamesh from a few months back. I have been on a Fate kick lately.




No comments:

Post a Comment