Sunday, September 29, 2013

The War for, and Fall of Cybertron : Villians Edition Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave

  Since I managed to wake up before noon, and I can't be asses to get up off this couch,  its review time! Yes. Since I'm expecting three new bouncing baby boys in the mail tomorrow, I better chug this one out, especially since I already took the pictures for this yesterday! In any case- Gundam Fighto! Reeeeeady! GO!

Guess who's from the Older line!
This truck stop has the worst customers.
   The alt modes of all these Decepticons are extremely flat, and kind of cheap looking. So without further ado, lets roll onto Megatron! He is the leader, so a good place to begin, right ?
   I hate his tank mode. Its a mishmash of random parts with a cannon slapped on top to cover how crappy looking it is. Seriously, just look at it !It's not hard to transform like WFc Optimus, it's just really shoddy looking. Still, vehicle modes take up precious shelf space, and only old people like vehicles over robots.
  . . . He's an okay looking robot I guess. The huge bird feet, and just overall mediocrity of this guy make it hard to speak of details of him.  The head reminds me of a pharaoh, though his positron cannon is boss. It clips onto either forearm to keep that upstart Starscream in line.
   The back is actually kind of impressive, aside from the hollowness where his calves should be. No kibble or anything, which is well designed I guess.  The colors are good at least. Whatever, this mediocrity gets a 5/10. Only for Megatron lovers and War of Cybertron lovers(me).
Man did you see the game last night ? Those Iacon Slaggers suck!
 He does compliment War for Cybertron Optimus, which is mostly why I got him. This is them chilling on Metroplex's ramp.
No one would follow this manlet Prime.
  He looks stupidly imposing next to WFC Optimus. Just look at the comparison!

    Now it's time to the legendary traitor Starscream. I love this mold, though it does have issues. I realized I was lacking a Starscream in my collection, and immediately rectified that issues with this guy. Someday I will justify buying a Masterpiece Starscream with coronation gear, but not anytime soon. I can keep praying on Toys R Us to stop repainting the damn mold and release the one everyone really wants right ? Anyway this guy is pretty sweet. A perfect render of the Fall of Cybertron/ War for Cybertron Starscream. Everything folds up nicely, and I love his weapons. For once, I prefer the alt mode.

  Not that the robot mode isn't awesome. Just look at how sensational the red and blue on gray appears! I love the head, it's classic Starscream. I put the weapons on the forearms, to emulate his null rays from the  Generation one incarnation. They obviously overhang, but I prefer this to him holding them. I hate the hollowness an his sides. There's nothing between his shoulders, other than air. this gap extends down to his waist. It's shit like this that exemplifies how cheap Hasbro has gotten. Still this is my favorite Decepticon from either of the lines. Fall of Cybertron Starscream- 7/10
Now it's onto the logical finale- Shockwave! This guy is really impressive. I love the gun/phallic space ship look for his alt-mode. Out of the first wave of Fall of Cybertron toys, only this guy was worth buying. The rest were meh. I bought him for myself on my birthday, since I get myself the best gifts.
  Now that's a robot! Chicken legs aside, I can totally dig this guy. Just looking at him evokes the Generation one design perfectly. Even his gun works with him, and the purple, despite being considered a feminine color is totally manly on him.I don't really like his hands/ forearms. Still that is not a deal breaker. I love this guy- 7/10

I really do love the War for/ Fall of Cybertron line. Something about the classic series in their original modes on their home planet appeals to me. What's left for me to ramble about and take pictures of is:
Bruticus (retail version)
Grimlock
Blaster
Jazz

I suppose I should follow this up the Autobots, so why not ? I'll review that and Iron Man 3 at some point. Hopefully I get fired and can do this shit daily. I plan on reviewing, most of what I have. Save for models, and stautes. There's not much I can say about statues other than look at the detail and paint apps! Extra hands! Looks just like the character model! Fap Fap Fap! Models are more about building, not so much the finished product to me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment