Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A second review today ? Oh snap! Revoltech No 32 Evangelion Unit 01 and No 106 Evangelion Unit 03

   Today was a great day for merchandise arriving at my door! Not only did I get that Sweet Ultra Magnus bootleg, I received two Revoltech figures! Revoltech Number 32 Evangelion Unit 01 New movie edition, and Revoltech Number 106 Evangelion Evolution Unit 03. Oh yes baby!

   Even just looking at the boxes, you can tell Unit 03 is going to overwhelm Unit 01. Unit 01 is from 2007,  and Unit 03 is from 2011. You can see the increase in accessories and smaller revolver joints on Unit 03. It influenced this review greatly, as when I took pictures, I felt unit 03 deserved more space.
 If you want a cheap, decent representation on Evangelion Unit 01, this guy is for you! I picked him up off a BST( buy sell trade) on an image board for $40 bucks. Not too shabby, though I really wanted Revoltech 104, but couldn't convince myself I needed it when there were cheaper representations abound.
I really dig the shoulders with the hidden weapons, and he comes with a box of standard Revoltech accessories.
I'm sure if you are reading this, you have most likely bought a Revoltech.  The figure comes with a bunch of hands, a stand, and some cool character related accessories. This guy has a power cord, a knife, and extra should pad things. Not too shabby. I give this a 6.5/10

       Now onto the more impressive figure: Unit 03! Oh yeah baby!
Check out the extra arms that are attached right out of the package, it's like they knew what I wanted to do with this guy! This is the Evangelion movie version from You Can ( Not) Advance. The original unit 03 didn't have these styling red accents, they were white. I honestly almost bought the original version, but the accessories on this guy tipped my opinion, and convinced me to blow the the extra $80. Besides this guy becomes the new movie version of Bardiel much more beautiful than the earlier Revoltech. Plus who doesn't prefer Asuka as a pilot to Touji, as she wears that odd see through plug suit to finally provide the long promised fan service. Touji is too kind to pilot an Evangelion.
  Here is the figure with the Unit 03 shoulders, and standard forearms. More or less your standard Evangelion, aside from the red accents, but still the black and white make for a dashing figure. Onto the Bardiel section! Hold onto to your dingdongs!





Truly a terrifying figure, look at the zombie like upper arms, and creepy stretched neck, the howling mouth, and the bllod waves on his hands. The blood waves are pictured being used for battle damage one the box, but this usage  reminds me of Fatal Fury more. Plus look at those extending forearms! That is so cool! And when you tilt the head back and open the mouth, pupils appear! I couldn't photograph it well on my iPhone. sadface.The stand provides support for the two of you aren't going to pose it with Unit 01 tearing one another apart. You make me sick!
  It's everyone's second favorite auto-erotic asphyxiation scene! The head and torso of Unit 01, along with a dirt clod to fight in! I tried to pose Unit 03's legs  somewhere between holding in having to pee, and about to bust a move. You have no excuse no to use this pose, that us unless you have This guy too :

   Yes, everyone's favorite auto-erotic asphyxiation scene! The stuff of nightmares, two monsters trying to choke the life out of each other, and tear the limbs out of each other. This scene is part awesome, part disturbing. It's a pivotal point in the maturity of Shinji Ikari, and his feelings of hatred toward his father. Revoltech Number 106 Evangelion Evolution Unit 03-9/10. Is he worth the price ? That's for you to decide. I paid $140 for him, and I don't regret it. Well maybe a little. I bought him off amazon :http://www.amazon.com/Evangelion-106-Revoltech-Evolution-EVA-03/dp/B0050G5ACC
Occasionally it will pop up on eBay for cheaper, but don't hold your breath. Hopefully Kaiyodo will re release this guy at some point. 


One of these days I'll review Revoltechs Number 136 Unit 13, and number 106 Unit 06! Maybe even my pile of Gurren Lagann Revoltechs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment