Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Prepare for Trouble! Make it Double! Drift and Wreck-Gar are here to steal Pikachu!

    I was hoping Hunt for The Decepticons Sea Spray would come today, since who doesn't love other Transformers riding on a hovercraft ? Or boat, why Transformers wikia says he's a hovercraft is a mystery to all. Any way these two beauties came:

What a sugoii bad ass!


    I'll start with Drift because I feel like it, Bitch!

     He's suppose to resemble a Japanese Drift car,  complete with spoiler. He would not look out of place in everyone's favorite car movie Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift. Maybe that's even where his name comes from! In my eyes, he resemble a Nissan 350Z. Of course, he's a bit different to avoid paying those dirty licensing fees. This mode was repainted into Blurr, which I have, so here's some comparisons shots:


Back in my day we had nowhere to put our weapons and we liked it!
  Same car, different colors, and Blurr has a different spoiler. I think the mold suits Drift a bit better though. Now's it's Trasnformin' time1
I'll cut you if you try to take my Pocky!
   Not too shabby. A pretty slick mode, with a sword, since being the self insert Gary Stu bad ass he is requires that. I don't hate Drift, but I know something about his personality is mandated by those who make the reviewing rules. The white on black looks very sharp, and the double shoulder Autobot symbols are striking.I even like the sword! But wait, whats better than a sword ? Two swords ( or three altogether.)

I cut you mang, I cut you deep.
   Hidden swords in his hip cover  kilt thing ? Awesome. Blurr has guns hidden in his, in case you were wondering. I love hidden weapons, don't you ? I really like Generations Drift. He's a bit cooler than Blurr as this mode. So I'll give him a 7/10 and leave you with a final comparison shot!
The hand lotion was totally intentional.
   Next up one this crazy train is Reveal the Shield Wreck-Gar! Having to own the recent versions of all of my favorites from the 1986 movie is what spurred me to buy this guy. Someday I'll review Genrations Galvatron, RTS Perceptor, Generations Kup, Generations Blurr, Masterpiece Hot Rod, and Classics Grimlock. Though Blurr's review may be a cut and paste of drifts, depending on how lazy I feel. I'm nothing, if not honest.

    A good looking render of a motorcycle, it even includes the kickstand! It would fall over otherwise. The color scheme is faithful to the Generation one Wreck-Gar, and it's a cool looking motorcycle. But the real question is, can other transformers ride him ?
Dare to be stupid!
This level requires you to knock Shinra soldiers off their bikes to escape!
  Yes! They can! Drift was who I had on hand, so he gets the honor of showing Wreck-Gar what's up.Even with Drift on top, Wreck-Gar can keep his balance. I know most people would put Junkheap on top, or bottom (whatever turns you on), but I'm not buying a nameless grunt damnit! Ready for robot mode ?
    Wreck-Gar's head popped off whilst Transforming him, and I haven't managed to get it back on straight. In case you wondered why it's at an odd angle. I am taken aback by how cool his robot mode is. It's UN-symmetrical, the wheels are both just there like some sort of misshapen tumors, and his axe is crazy looking, but it all somehow works! The head is a perfect update for Wreck-Gar, capturing his half smirk perfectly. I didn't expect much from him, but this guy is a must have for fans of Transforming Motorcycles, the 1986 movie, or even want a cool mount of their Deluxe Transformers. Reveal the Shield Wreck-Gar 8/10

Well nothing else to say here other than these guys are both cool, and you should buy them if you've got some spare scratch and nothing better to blow it on. Next time I hope to have KO Battle Tanker, WFC Optmius, and HFTD Seaspray. If not it's whatever the hell catches my eye, maybe Classics Jetfire, or some Fall of Cybertron figures.

Generations Drift-7/10
Reveal the Shield Wreck-Gar 8/10
You came to the wrong neighborhood motherfucker!










No comments:

Post a Comment