Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Shock me! Spider-man is good again ?

   As any good neck beard would know, Spider-man's body is currently inhabited by Dr. Octopus, thanks to pseudo science and Dan Slott. I know this generates quite a bit of hate, as it's "not muh Peter!" However I deeply enjoy it. When I was slogging through the majority of Spider-man's Chronology, I lost interest Shortly after Venom showed up. I skimmed issues from then on, until the Clone saga. Say what you will about it, I grew up with that shit, and it will always hold a spot in my heart, for reasons I will never completely understand. Ben Reilly was a pretty cool guy, it is a shame he had to die. Still, I hope someday he will comeback! Which is why I was excited for this months Scarlet Spider!
It turns out to be Kraven, but whatever. I still have hope!
Anyway onto Superior Spider-man. It recently crossed over with Scarlet Spider, which is pretty cool. Still what could be better than that ? Aside from Ben Reilly, the Blonde pretty boy returning ? There is of course only one answer:
Motherfucking Miguel O'Hara, aka Spider-Man 2099!
As a whole, I'd have to say Spider-Man 2099 is my second favorite series. After Ultimate Spider-man of course. I stopped reading it when that Peter died, and the black kid took over. I'm sure Miles is great and all, but he would never live up to Ultimate Peter to me. Anyway Spidey 2099 was a pretty solid ride, aside from a rushed end. Who doesn't love dystopian futures, and mega corporations that rule the world ? They even have literal corporate raiders, who raid buildings like a SWAT team, and forcibly take them over from their previous owners ? I hope he gets more appearances in the Marvel Universe, especially if Venom is getting canceled. Flash Thompson never really did it as Venom for me, Venom is synonymous with Eddie Brock forevermore in my mind. A side effect of him being attached to every piece of Spider-man media in the early 90s most likely.Who cares if he's Anti-Venom or whatever now. Give him a series however, and I shall read it like the frickin Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment