Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Code Geass R2

    I recently re watched Code Geass R2 for what is perhaps the billionth time. The series as a whole is quite possibly the most fun anime I have ever watched. Screw plot, we need more cliffhanger endings and reaction faces! Certain acts may have dragged, and brought the show down a bit, “fuck China”, though as a whole it flowed pretty smoothly. To me, this series represents the beginning of the end of my anime fanaticism. This was the last show I watched while airing, and wholly enjoyed.  Code Geass was the pinnacle of anime, it combined every cliche with such over the top antics that it managed to do so in a unique, and entertaining way. Code Geass Sundays, those were the shit of legends.Back before /a/ became a shithole of moe and generic Shonen Jump shit, it was the place to discuss anime. So many of my favorite series I discovered through it, Gurren Lagann, Clannad, Legends of the Galactic Heroes, shows I would have never heard of, or watched otherwise 

   Every single episode of Code Geass flooded the board like a torrent of piss in the toilet after waking up form a night of sleep. Utter chaos, and admiration for each episode of this masterpiece of a train wreck filled the board. You did not talk about anything other than Code Geass on Sundays, and the rest of the week, unless you were some sort of fucktard who had no taste. Sure Macross Frontier aired at the same time, and probably some other shows I don't remember, but who cares about them ? They were nowhere near as entertaining. I remember going to Otakon with a friend of mine, and depsite being exhausted when I got home from the 8 hour drive, I knew I needed to watch the latest episode of my then favorite show. It was the one where Suzaku, or Nukezaku as he was called that week blew up Tokyo. Fuck yeah! Kallen also returned in her new pimped out wannabe Gundam, the Gurren S.E.I.T.E.N. Eight Elements . What an episode that was.

    I still miss Code Geass, and still hope someday there will be R3. Is Lelouch alive or Dead ? He will forever be Schrodinger's Geass until then. Fuck Akito the Exile of whatever it's called, You may be able to do Gundam without Amuro, but Geass IS Lelouch. Accept no substitutes. I finally caved and bought these two beauties below. Pictures do no bring out the exquisite detail in these beauties. I cannot believe how long it took me to cave and get these guys, They are truly centerpieces in my collection. I am truly a consumer whore, and no one can stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment