Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Voyager Class Grindor- Revenge of the Fallen RD-18. Now I want coffee, and to bump and grind.

I've always sort of wanted a figure of Blackout from the first Transformers movie. He looks really cool in both films, and I have a huge boner for designs from and of the Transformers  movies. Then on one of my impulse buy days, he was sitting on Amiami waiting for me to take him home. So now he's MINE!


   The box is the same as the English one aside from a few Japanese stickers slapped on it. The text is English, as are the logos and Trademarks, nothing noteworthy really. When I opened the box though, there was quite a surprise.
   Look at these instructions! There's text along with the pictures! Why don't our intructions have this ? Grindor was easy as hell to figure out, but text instructions on someone like Leader class Revenge of the Fallen Optimus would be a God send. Transforming that fucker was like trying to discern ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphs. Anyway onto the toy!

Scorponok is stored in his ass.

A very nice looking military helicopter! He comes with a tiny Scorponok that can be stored anally. I really do love the simplistic look of this Helicoptor, especially the round curves and the blades, something about it appeals to me greatly. It turning into a badass robot is just a secondary feature. Not really.


  From the front, ole Grindor is pretty cool, and imposing robot with an evil looking head and imposing blades above his head. He even has an evil robot scorpion he can pet menacingly while telling optimus of his evil plans. Well, before Optimus tears off his face that is. From behind however, he's a mess. The looks the same as when he was a helicopter, but with limbs sticking out. Lame! He looks even worse from the side, like someone made him a backpack of random metal parts and stuck it on him. It is a design from the first movie, so I suppose it is somewhat forgivable. I'll give him a 7/10! Don't expect another Transformer here til Masterpiece Ultra Magnus drops, so many people review them it's pointless to do the same. It's same reason I rarely write about movies.




No comments:

Post a Comment