Wednesday, July 9, 2014

RYUHOOOOOO!!! KAZUMA! THE LOST GROUND IS BURNING RED!!! S.H. Figuarts Final Form Kazuma, Final Form Ryuho, and Vanilla Ryuho.

I love Scryed . . . The manga. It was like Fist of the North Star, but with super powers instead of Martial Arts. My teenage self loved it, and to this day I still do. The anime wasn't bad, but it suffered from trying to hard to be sad, and the lack of a real conclusion. Combine that with random mysteries that weren't solved (Who was that star Platinum rip off?) and I really couldn't love it. I'd say it was a solid 7/10 though. Despite Hiraii faces everywhere, and the idea of alter powers killing their owners. I own the classic Kazuma Figuarts, and he is painfully generic.  I was interested in the final form of Ryuho though, since the manga used the same version for the finale. Final Form Kazuma in the manga is bad ass, but anime version ? It's some bastardized mixture of Guy Shishio from GaoGaiGar and the cat thing from final Fantasy VIII. Still I found him cheap enough that I bought them all. But why couldn't they make this Kazuma?
Fuck yes, that hair!



Kazuma is now CEO.

I'll get the ball rolling with Final Form Kazuma. A Web exclusive of a figure from a ten year old series, it should be no surprise that he can be had for cheap. The rest of these figures call into the same category. Regular Kazuma was a standard release, but considering I bought him for $15 off HLJ almost a year after release, I can't imagine there was much of a demand. These figures are all pretty dull, though to each their own.



  Kitty Kazuma is an odd figure. The body looks like he is on steroids (people on roids have sick bodies above the chest, but look like little girls below that.) combined with a furries wet dream. I really don't know who decided this was a good look, but they should be shot. Whoever decided this figure was a good idea was an even bigger moron than the creator. This guys comes with accessories, but they are basically pointless.
  Two back hooks, one curved more. A bunch of hands that are slightly more open or closed, two chest covers which are the same, one is just multiple pieces that combine to look like the other. Three faces, but only the mouth and chin are visible, and two slightly different hairstyles. So many stupid accessories, really who thought this was a good idea? This figure might have been cool for $25, but at $40 I feel ripped off. I really feel for anyone who bought these at full price, my condolences. Here's some poses with Furry man.



  One positive is he does in fact come with a stand. This guy is so top heavy that he couldn't stand on his own with his twig legs. I really have no idea why I bought this. I suppose i really have lost control to allow myself to own something like this. Kazuma Final Form- 4/10. For anyone who really loves Cats, GaoGaiGar, and Scryed. Now let's check the obligatory rival. RYUUHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!


 Ryuho may be bland as white bread, but he does come with Zetsuei's first form. So essentially I got two lame figures for the price of one. Ryuho has standard articulation, an extra face, and four hands. Zesuei comes with Three different bondage ropes for each side of his head,and various masks for revealing percentages of his face. Zetsuei only has leg articulation, but it is a complete figure. I was ready to write this figure off as a 3/10, that is til I put on the second face, the greatest reaction face I have ever seen on a figure.

I HAVE SEEN SOME SHIT YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE!

IT'S NOT RAPE IF IT'S NOT HUMAN!
  That face alone is worth the price of this figure. I don't care about anything else, this face is fucking amazing, and I give this face a 99999/10. The rest gets a 3/10, but factor in the face, and you need this. I need this, you need this, now buy it!!!!



Finally (ahahaha) is Final Form Ryhuo. Unlike final Form Kazuma, I enjoy this design. It's simple, cool, and looks like a suit of armor you'd get in Dragon Quest. That is really all it has going for it, aside from it coming with a stand. With only four hands and one extra face, this is a very bare bones release. He can't even take off his shoulder to use as weapons, what a gyp! Still it does look cool, and I love the colors, so it receives a 6/10. It was cheaper than Kazuma too. Now here's the group shot.
Kazumax Krino is my OTP.

I'm really glad I didn't get Cougar now, the disappointment may have kill me.





No comments:

Post a Comment