Monday, August 25, 2014

Another Transformers KO! Bootleg Smokescreen, coming to an eBay near you!

Last week it was my birfday, and this was the best gag gift I've ever gotten. Her (his?) name is CIA. I'd totally show the birth certificate, but it has name birthday and real name on it, which is something that I won't put on this blog. 
                                                                                                                                                     
I love Transformers. I saw Age of Extinction 10 times in theaters, roughly a third of my collection is these Transforming bastards, and I've read the entire run of Marvel comic's Transformer's series. That said, there is nothing better to me than Transformers bootlegs. From the greatness that is DOTM oversize Megatron, to City Commanders bootleg recast. They make toys that would be expensive or non existent real. So today's toy is Masterpiece Smokescreen. I've always liked his color scheme, but the Universe figure is pricey, as is the official Masterpiece. I saw this beauty on ebay for $35 including shipping, and now he's in my collection.

  The box is a nice replica, hell it might even be from the same factory as the elgit one, they just decided to do some off the books work. Who knows, who cares. It had a nice Nissan logo on it, and some nice moon runes.




  In car mode is a noticable hiccup, the window doesn't line up correctly on the right side, and the hood doesn't connect perfectly. I don't care much as Hasbro's official toys tend to have issues like this anyway. Plus who wants to keep a Transformer in vehicle mode? That's a waste. The paint job is nice and clean, and the text ir replicated perfectly. Now let's bang him into robot mode!


  Not too shabby! The pain on the face has a nice glop, but it's not terrible. His face is rather bland, but that's Takara's sculpting issues, not the copiers. The chest doesn't exactly lock, but I have no official character to compare it to, so I'll let it slide. The feet are a bit weird and unstable, but that's a design flaw, and they still manage to keep him upright, so it's not a big issue.He holds his guns nicely, and looks cool, so I'd say he's pretty solid overall. So let's give him a nice 7/10. Easily worth the money I paid for. Obligatory Scale pic with Masterpiece Rodimus.




No comments:

Post a Comment