Saturday, August 9, 2014

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Suzumiya Haruhi SOS-1 Haruhi Robo Figure

I had no idea Butler bot from G Gundam had a figure! Naturally I had to own it, even though I was forced to buy the Battle Damaged Gundam Rose with it. Ah well, it was cheap. Time to look into the only missing piece of my collection, the MSIA Rising gundam. I never bought it before because I saw it as a lame wannabe Shinning Gundam. Ah well, I'd pay $15 for it.

                                                                                                                                                        
I actually didn't know this existed until recently. Strange, because I love Haruhi and I love Gundam, so why wasn't I aware of it ? Either way I found it on Amazon.com for $50 including shipping. After a month of waiting she finally arrived! I was elated! That is, til after I tried to play with it.

   The box makes it look super cool, with Haruhi in an SOS brigade colored exosuit. Exosuits are awesome, who didn't love them in Elysium or Edge of Tomorrow?  It even comes with a bunny girl figure of Haruhi, which if you don't love Exosuits, you most likely love Haruhi. Now here comes the disappointment.



   Included in the package is Haruhi, a second Hairstyle for Haruhi, a gun for the robot, and a few hands for haruhi. Oh, and a visor, because visors were all the rage in the 80s. Haruhi can barely stand up on her won, but that is due to her sculpted high heels. The robot is a mess from the get go. The right leg will not stay on, it became even more difficult to keep on when I slapped Haruhi in the armor.

I'll be back!


  The minor issues become major ones when combined with the armor. Haruhi's upper body will not stay together, they issue gets worse when holding the heavy ass gun, and the right leg still will not stay attached. The sculpt looks cool sure, the design is cool, well the suit anyway. The Haruhi figure is a few level shy or the Figma, or even the Revotlech, and it feels cheap, just like the exosuit. It certainly looks cool sitting on my shelf, but if I look too hard I'm afraid it will collapse and catch on fire. Overall this is a mediocre figure, and the high secondary market prices make it even worse. It's not even worth the retail price. Haruhi Robo- 5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment