Saturday, August 9, 2014

Figma EX-016 Snow Hatsune Miku. Definately the figure for summer.

I actually played Project Diva F on the PS3, so I now have a better idea of who Miku is. I knew she was a character from a voice synthesizer in Japan, along with other vocaloid characters, and she somehow became the Figma mascot. The game wasn't bad, but it was short. How much of a weaboo fucktard must you be to pay $60 for a 5 hour game? A pretty big one I'd say. I'll prolly rent the second one on Vita at some point after it's release. Onto Snow Miku!



The figure arrive super quick, which I expected because Good Smile Co. charged me $20 for shipping. The Figma still arrived with a big ass dent in it, not a big deal because I trashed the box, but if it happened to me, it could happen to someone who cares about boxes. Then I took it out of the box, and fell in love.
Til I tried to change her scarf, and her neck broke! I didn't realize the scarf opened up, so I took the head off, or tried to anyway. This Figma uses a newer neck joint, so I couldn't swap it out with the joint from one of my many extra Haruhi heads. I emailed Good smile Co, and they said they would send me a replacement. I jammed some sticky tack in her neck hole to finish this review, so don't expect much head movement.
Miku comes with a snow man, and the usual hand tree. The hands are gloved though, how adorable! The real seller on this figure is the gorgeous paint job, it's simply stunning. The silver on her outfit is beautiful and her hair. The hair is so cool, I love the multiple translucent shades and the light blue color is  eye popping. She is too cute, and I knew when I say prototype I would love it. And I do!


   The figure itself, paintjob aside, is standard Figma fair. The articulation is good, she can interact with the snowman easily, and she look amazing. I might actually take her outside of Mom's basement when it snows and snap some pictures. Provided her new neck actually arrives. Being a special edition, this figure was a bit pricier than most Figma, and should be subjected to a higher standard. As such I give her a 7/10. Sure she's beautiful and limited, but she was also $60 including shipping, and her neck broke easily. I would recommend her if you loved Miku or winter edition figures easily. Otherwise take a pass and get Figma Miku 200 for $30 bucks.
My Miku Line Up.

Expect A Gurren Lagann Blog this week, and Figuarts Imperialdramon and Sailor Jupiter whenever they arrive.


1 comment:

  1. How did you get the neck part out?

    I did the same thing, waiting to see if GSC will send me a part, but it seems stuck to me.

    ReplyDelete